Assistant Project Coordinator & Logistician vacancy
Within the Project: Fostering socio-economic empowerment and protection of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem – Phase II, co-funded by the European Union
The International Committee for the Development of Peoples (CISP) is a non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in 1983 and its headquarters are in Rome, Italy. CISP, in cooperation with local governmental and private actors, has been implementing humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development projects in over 30 countries in Africa, Latin America, Middle East, Asia, and Eastern Europe. CISP is working in Palestine through humanitarian and development projects, among which the project ”Fostering socio-economic empowerment and protection of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem – Phase II”, co-funded by the European Union .
Purpose of the function:
To support the CISP Project Manager and Administrator in the general project management and coordination, including logistics and administrative issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and assist the management of the program and project plans - reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and objectives are being achieved in a timely manner and prepares project status reports, presentations, agendas etc.
- Check project compliance with implementation methodologies, and highlights any issues to the Project Coordinator;
- Provide inputs as required for the implementation of the project and contribute identifying, facilitating and, if needed, monitoring capacity building processes for partners.
- Facilitate networking and synergy building between partners and relevant external actors and stakeholders of the project in the OPT, especially in East Jerusalem, with the aim of improving effectiveness.
- Ensure that narrative reporting and other requirements related to contract management are met in line with donor agreements and CISP’s policies and procedures. In specific, he/she will be responsible to compile and edit monthly narrative reports and to assist the project manager in documentations and procedures.
- Identify monitoring tools, measures or indicators of organization performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance according to the goals of the organization.
- Initiate and facilitate the documentation of knowledge & information generated throughout the project in coordination with implementing partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of the project, especially lessons learned.
- Support the Project Coordinator and the Administrator in procurement activities and any other logistic and administrative issue, according to, applying and following the organization’s policies and procedures, tools and technical requirements of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements (educational, experience and competences):
- Demonstrated skills and working experience in cooperation projects’ management, mostly in projects focusing on:
- support and technical assistance to civil society organizations for improving their internal organization, management and achievement of self-sustainability;
- psychological, social and educational activities in favour of children, youth and women;
- promotion of microbusinesses and small income generating activities.
Past working experience in Jerusalem East and or in the Occupied Palestinian Territories is an asset.
- An academic degree in business administration, economics, social sciences and/or related discipline in development cooperation is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic, Hebrew, and Italian languages is an asset.
- Proven knowledge & sound experience / skills with donors funding regulations, procedures & reporting requirements (in particular: EU, Italian Cooperation, UNICEF, OCHA, etc.).
- Experience / skills in procurement procedures and tendering. Background and knowledge of EU, Italian Cooperation, and UN Rules and Regulations, as well as projects’ management systems, administrative and procurement procedures, tendering, etc. is a preferential asset.
- Excellent understanding & experience of project financial and operational management processes.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems. Demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets Is an asset
- Experience in organizational analysis and partnership building with civil society organizations.
- Understanding and knowledge of human rights law and rights-based approach.
- Conceptual and practical knowledge of women’s rights and gender justice.
- A good understanding and experience in monitoring and evaluation to support in project implementation and impact measurement.
- Excellent social skills and ability to work as part of a team, adopt a consensus based approach and work effectively through others.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexibility, availability to perform other duties. Availability to work in security volatile context.
Interested candidates should send their CV - including details of 3 references – to the following address:
Due to the urgency of this recruitment, applications will be reviewed as they come in. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.