Job Title: Field Officer (COVID-19 Response)
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is working to mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in JWBG. The programming has two key components: 1) supporting health facilities to provide safe essential health care during COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Ministry of Health of the Palestinian Authority and the Health Cluster on this response.
The Field Officer for the COVID-19 response will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners, healthcare facilities (HCF) and community members, performing day-to-day monitoring and accompaniment activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The Field Officer’s service and community relations skills ensure that the HCF, local partners, and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact. This position in based on Gaza.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate activities and facilitate communication among internal departments including the project team, supply chain, administration, and MEAL and with external stakeholder including partners, HCF and project beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the Health Cluster and other key actors responding to COVID-19 in Gaza and share key information in a concise and timely manner.
- Compile data provided at the partner, HCF, and community levels as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in a health field preferred.
- 2 years of related work experience required; experience working for a local or international NGO preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Computer skills required.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel – No travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Emergency Director, MEAL Manager, Project Officers, other staff and consultants related to the project
External: Partners and Healthcare Facilities in Gaza
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي Field Officer (COVID-19 Response)
آخر موعد للتقديم 03 - Apr - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الطب والتمريض والصحة العامة
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Saturday, April 3, 2021 is strongly advised.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
(MEAL) Project Officer
Family Engagement Specialist
(IPC) Technical Advisor
Supply Chain Monitoring Officer
Special Education Therapist