MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution, established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA'AN is currently seeking a competent and qualified Field Monitors (x2) for a project to be implemented in the period between 1 July and 31 March 2020 in partnership with Oxfam. The project aims to strengthen the livelihood resilience of vulnerable men and women in the Gaza Strip through economic empowerment activities. As part of this project, MA'AN will support a group of vulnerable small-scale farmers from vulnerable areas in the Gaza Strip to establish small-scale income-generation projects, mainly food production and animal husbandry. In addition, the target group will be provided with capacity building and technical support to enhance their technical capacity to run their businesses. The Field Monitor will be in charge of following up the implementation of the project activities in the field and providing support for the Livelihood Business Development Specialist.
Contract Type: HR Contract
Contracting Period: 9 months
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop the forms of the field monitoring and ensure that these forms are well-used to follow up the implementation of the project activities in the field.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the implementation process and collect data that support the development of the project reports and success stories.
- Implement field visits to evaluate the places where the income-generation projects will be implemented.
- Conduct field follow up and supervision for the establishment of the income-generation projects, including the delivery of the inputs and materials, the construction and rehabilitation of the farms, and providing guidance and support for the project beneficiaries during the establishment of their projects.
- Provide support for the economic support specialist in terms of the project implementation, communication with beneficiaries and vendors, implementation of capacity building activities.
- Follow up the development of the BoQs for the small-scale income generation projects and ensure the cooperation of the BNFs through effective communication and coordination.
- Follow up the implementation of the Cash for Livelihood activity through providing guidance and support for BNFs in terms of procurement, documentation and finance.
- Quality assurance through verification visits to the project site and ensuring the effective documentation of the installments
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Degree in business administration or any relevant field (MBA is a plus).
- At least 3 years of experience in field work related to livelihood projects and economic empowerment activities.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with small-scale farmers in the area of economic empowerment and access to livelihoods.
- Good understanding and knowledge about the livelihood projects implemented by small-scale farmers in the Gaza Strip.
- Good knowledge about the field monitoring tools, techniques and approaches.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on 3RD July 2019