The PCPD received a grant from the European Commission to implement a project entitled:
Palestinian Youth for Just Peace. The project aims to strengthen the voice of Palestinian female and male youth as future leaders of peace building initiatives based on the United Nations resolutions and the Palestinian Declaration of Independence PDI of 1988 for the establishment of the Palestinian state in the OPT of 1967 with East Jerusalem as its capital.
As a result, PCPD is willing to recruit a person to work as a field coordinator in this project. The recruited person should be:
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project, including risk assessment.
- Leads delivery of the overall Project Theory of Change commitments in line with plans and activities, and within an adaptive management approach that responds to the needs of project participants
- Responsible for budget management to ensure financial accountability and accurate financial reporting to donors;
- Ensures compliance with donor regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping and procurement.
- Oversees the monitoring and evaluation of the overall project, monitors program activities and results achievement status measured against the approved results framework, work plan and budget forecast.
- Use appropriate methodologies during the project to best show its impact.
- Supports internal knowledge exchange around Program learning to generate continual improvement of support, results and learning
- Collects and consolidates progress, intermediate and final narrative and financial reports for submission to the Project Partners director
- Convenes meetings, providing strong strategic direction for the partnership and a clear articulation of the Project’s vision and purpose.
- Overseas the partners’ communication activities including production of media tools
- Conducts site field visits to monitor progress.
- Represents the Project effectively to the donor and the stakeholders
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the executive director of the PCPD.
- Respects the internal bylaws, systems and regulations at the PCPD
- Committed to PLO peace program of 1988 as well as committed to the relevant United Nations Resolutions
Represents the PCPD in donor meetings and coordination platforms.
Proactively develops, coordinates and maintains productive relationships with project stakeholders, in
coordination with the PCPD executive director
Ensures proactive coordination in the field to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication and
Ensures the visibility of the project and activities with relevant national and international audiences.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- MA academic degree in political sciences, gender/women’s studies, democracy, law, peace building, human rights, political or conflict resolution.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant employment experience in project management, including project, Good knowledge in Project Cycle Management, planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in effectively coordinating with multiple partners and stakeholders, including
government agencies and donors
- Experience in managing projects focused on women, peace and security, women/gender justice, gender
equality, participation, SGBV prevention and response for women and girls preferred
- Demonstrated strong track record of influencing and campaigning preferred
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, integrating, and disseminating learnings
- Previous experience with community-based programming preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in leading/managing a team;
- Good understanding of the Palestinian political context
- Demonstrated Ability in writing reports.
- Work with the working staff at the PCPD in the spirit of team work.
- Good knowledge in EU Project’s Management
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Strong spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated reporting ability;
- Demonstrated people management skills;
- Demonstrated financial management skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Attention to detail with strong follow up;
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - word processing, spread sheets, etc.
- Living in Ramallah, and committed to work in PCPD office in Betunia
Interested candidates are asked to submit a motivation letter and a CV in English no later than 22nd December 2021, to the following email address: [email protected]