Community Based Rehabilitation Society CBR
The Community Based Rehabilitation Society is an independent Palestinian society registered officially in 2015. The mandate of the society is to empower people with disabilities to advocate for their rights which will empower them to access their rights and have better access to services provided as part of the national strategy of human rights. CBR society works with different ministries to mainstream disability in their strategies as essential part of sustainable development.
CBR society is managed by a board of directors; The CBR program covers 87 locations in 3 governorates (Ramallah and Al-Bireh, Jericho and Jerusalem).
Duty station: Community based rehabilitation Society with daily field visits
Duration: Full time (11 months renewable)
Probation period: 3 months
Starting date: February 1st,2019
Areas of responsibility:
The field coordinator will be mainly responsible for the high quality implementation and monitoring of CBR project in the target locations.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
Work closely with community based rehabilitation workers (CBRWs) in the field in terms of home visits implementation, referrals and community activities
Follow up with local entities and make sure that activities are related to the agreed upon objectives.
Maintain and provide all documents needed for CBR society from the field and mainly from local entities.
Plan, train volunteers and conduct needed field assessments in coordination with CBRWs, volunteers and local communities.
Analyze the results of the field assessments in coordination with the direct supervisor, local communities and CBRWs.
Make sure that the files of the beneficiaries are completed and well documented by CBRWs at the field.
Work closely with CBRWs to do individual plans for PwDs and these plans are followed up for development and for referrals with different bodies.
Make sure that CBRWs are fully aware of new information and decisions related to CBR.
Plan with CBRWs for \weekly and monthly plans based on the objectives, outcomes and activities using the agreed upon format and file copies.
Revise weekly and monthly reports of CBRWs and highlight immediately to the direct supervisor any delays.
Network with CBOs at the different communities for CBR activities,
Make sure that CBRWs are using right based language and terms when talking about CBR and the rights of PwDs.
Plan with CBRWs, partners and local communities, self-helping groups, volunteers for the community activities based on CBRP guidelines, protocol and philosophy.
- Coordinate CBR work at local communities with different stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly work plan field report.
- Coordinate with data entry coordinator for data entry follow up when needed.
- Participate actively in the capacity building and training of CBRWs.
- Participate actively in the performance evaluation CBRWs based on the CBR society guidance.
- Document all field activities in photos, videos and share with direct supervisor for up loading on the society website.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Bachelor degree in social science, development
- At least three years of experience in related functions.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent communication, reporting and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure and in the field on daily basis
- Precise attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- The applicant should be from Ramallah or Al-Bireh area
- Preferable owns a vehicle and clean driving records.
Interested candidates are requested to send a covering letter attached to their CV by email to:
Indicating the title of the in the email subject line.
Deadline to submit your applications until Thursday January 10th.2019 . Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.