MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution, established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA'AN is currently seeking a competent and qualified Field Coordinator for the project titled "Women and Youth Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and Employment in the West Bank and Gaza", which is a four-year project that is currently being implemented in West Bank (Jordan Valley, Nablus, Tubas, Tulkarem and Jenin) and the Gaza Strip in partnership with Save the Children and PARC. The project aims to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of female youth entrepreneurs (15-29) in the agricultural sector. The project seeks to reduce barriers to entrepreneurship faced by female youth in the agricultural sector by responding to and addressing the key gender-based cognitive, economic, and social barriers that hinder female youth’s agency and entrepreneurship opportunities
The field coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the project activities and will act as a liaison between MA'AN and the project target groups and stakeholders. He/she will be responsible for supervising the implementation of the project activities in the field and facilitating the coordination and collaboration with project partners. The field coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN's Programs Officer.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with universities, TVET institutions and CBOs in the Gaza Strip to support the smooth implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project action plan and scope of work.
- Schedule and plan meetings, conduct research, write and edit ToRs, prepare PowerPoint presentations, participate in planning meetings, and complete other administrative duties.
- Attend meetings and workshops on behalf of MA'AN Development Center with the project partners and stakeholders and prepare relevant meeting minutes and reports to be shared with the project team.
- Provide regular feedback to the direct supervisor regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Collaborate with other departments at MA'AN to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities through ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Conduct regular field visits and discussion meetings with partners and key stakeholders to assess the project progress according to the set plans and collect anecdotal evidence and success stories from the field to inform project monitoring and implementation.
- Follow up with consultancy firms and trainers during the delivery of the consultancy services and collect data from the field to ensure that consultancy services are being delivered according to the ToR and agreement.
- Meet with the project target groups and stakeholders to collect information about any challenges or barriers that may affect the attainment of the project outcomes and share them with the project team to address them with suitable actions.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and follow up for the "Entrepreneurship Camp" through providing support to participants and coordinating with mentors, universities and the private sector.
- Establish linkages with mentors in Entrepreneurship and agribusiness to support the entrepreneurial learning process and sound entrepreneurial practices for girls and women in the Gaza Strip.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- At least university degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, international development or any other relevant field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Must understand and agree with MA'AN's vision, mission and core values and show commitment it its work principles and bylaws.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with universities and TVET institutions in the Gaza Strip in the fields of entrepreneurship, business development and mentorship.
- A proven experience in working with girls and women, particularly in the area of start-ups incubation and entrepreneurial capacity building.
- A proven experience in working with CBOs and implementing trainings and projects related to entrepreneurship or economic empowerment.
- A strong Knowledge of entrepreneurship principles and barriers that impede the effective participation and advancement of female youth in entrepreneurship.
- Have a strong knowledge about the activities of the incubations and TVET institutions in the Gaza Strip and have the ability to establish cooperation with these organizations and open contacts with relevant local and regional mentors.
- Have a strong understanding of the requirements and needs of the private sector in the Gaza Strip and has the ability to suggest methods for improving girls access to entrepreneurial opportunities in the private sector.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, planning and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Monday 13 August 2018.