The Missionaries of Charity (MoC) was founded by Mother Teresa of Calcutta in 1950 in Calcutta, India. MoC headquarter is Calcutta and has homes around the globe, including the MoC home in Gaza. MoC Gaza is one of the few actors in Gaza that provides in-center accommodation and care for people with severe disabilities. The MoC provides care on average to 40-50 children and adolescents with cognitive and physical disabilities, often experiencing multiple or severe disabilities. MoC staff and daily workers provide these children and adolescents with care, including meals, a place to sleep and referrals to external medical care as needed, while encouraging family engagement and connection with the children and adolescents.
In partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), MoC is implementing the third phase of “Mobility Opportunities via Education and Learning” (MOVE) project funded by Caritas Germany. The MOVE Methodology is a therapy technique that builds on individuals’ capabilities by applying an instructional process to help improve mobility skills, specifically sitting, standing, walking, and transitioning. The 18-month project will target 30 vulnerable children and adolescents with severe disabilities in Gaza. This project aims to sustain and build upon the mobility gains achieved from the previous MOVE projects, further strengthening the capacity of the MoC to deliver MOVE-informed care while continuing to enable greater participation by families in the progress and care of their children.
MoC, in partnership with CRS, seeks a family engagement specialist (+ Team Leader) for its MOVE++ Project supporting children with disabilities and the MoC in Gaza.
Description of Work:
The family engagement specialist’s tasks will include:
- Liaise with the project team and families:Participate in discussions and meetings related to children’s cases and progress, summarize key information in a concise and timely manner, and elevate key findings. Support care plans of children and other technical and care providers through dedicated individualized and responsive plans to include any special considerations, especially family engagement.
- Facilitate increased family engagement with children under the following parameters:Apply MOVE-informed care in engagements with children, modeling behavior and strategies to increase families’ safe interactions with children and comfort level for doing so. Provide training to families for engagement with children with disabilities, including on individualized plans for skills required for self-reliance, personal hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
- Identify family engagement needs of children in environment:Serve as the project focal point for family engagement needs and recommendations as related to children in their environment and any adaptive measures. Provide MoC and CRS with concise and accurate analysis of existing capacities of facilities and support needed. Regularly assessing the progress of each child, collaborate with relevant stakeholders to make environments more appropriate and accessible.
- Facilitate family engagement activities:Lead the design and implementation of family engagement activities, including capacity building and recreational activities while ensuring that these activities align with the individual plans for targeted children and adolescents. Collaborate with the project team and families to maintain accurate and complete records of the children and their families. Support the preparation and implementation of home-based programs for targeted children and adolescents.
- Lead referrals to MoC children and their families: Prepare referral pathways that include service providers following the Community-based-Rehabilitation Strategy (CBR) and follow up referrals of cases per the assessment of families, children, and emerging needs at MoC while considering reducing barriers to engagement as appropriate.
- Lead the rehabilitation team at MoC: Serve as a team leader to the rehabilitation team at MoC, by managing the daily implementation of the project activities, serve as a focal point to the project team with MoC management and CRS, keep the project records up to date, and support the self-care activities for the rehabilitation team and other MoC staff as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree required. Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in family engagement, social work, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in supervision.
- Knowledge of local resources and community organizations that provide services to children with disabilities strongly preferred.
- Experience in case management or similar work.
- Demonstrated competency in building buy-in and collaboration with counterpart teams strongly preferred.
- Experience working as a family engagement specialist required.
- Previous experience providing technical assistance to individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in family engagement for individuals with disabilities. General knowledge of other related health disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Familiarity with MOVE methodology preferred.
- Understanding of partnership principles.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding principles.
- Fluency in Arabic required; English a plus.
- Ability to travel to different areas in Gaza in order to make home visits
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work with diverse team of individuals and stakeholders.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with families of children with disabilities
Application and Bidding Procedure:
Interested parties should submit the bidding proposal containing the following:
- The person needs to be present in Gaza.
- Cover Letter (1 page) – outlining the key qualifications and relevant skills/experience for the consultancy according to the Scope of Work
- CV or Resume
How to apply:
Interested applicants with relevant experience and education are encouraged to apply as follows:
- This announcement is available at
- MoC and CRS will review the above qualifications of the specific individuals wishing to fulfil the role.
- Please submit your complete application online at: http://jobs.crsjwbg.org/ no later than 14 March 2023.
- MoC and CRS reserves the right to interview candidates, request supporting documentation for experience and expertise, or request additional information or documentation that could facilitate selection.
- For any questions, kindly contact CRS Head of Office – Gaza; Mr. Bassam Nasser at [email protected]