Facilitators: Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Terms of Reference for Focus Group Discussion Facilitator:
The United Nations Humanitarian Country Team is jointly working on strengthening actions that prevent, respond and end impunity for sexual exploitation and abuse by UN and other humanitarian personnel. The inter-agency plan that has been developed include activities to improve safe and accessible reporting, access to survivor centred assistance, enhanced accountabilities, and awareness raising in local communities, reporting responsibilities, and community-based complaints mechanisms.
The World Food Programme Palestine in collaboration with UNICEF Palestine is responsible for coordinating efforts on raising awareness of PSEA amongst local communities in Palestine, including community complaints mechanisms and survivor centred support.
A lead consultant has been recruited to develop the awareness raising plan, complete with key activities, target audiences, messages, expected standards of conduct, complaints mechanisms and survivor centred support.
Part of this process is consultative and requires engaging with communities in focus group discussions to understand the extent of sensitisation and behaviour change needed for the awareness raising process to be effective. Such lines of enquiry, for example, will be to understand how people make complaints, the level of trust of “outsiders”, understanding of sexual exploitation and abuse, who uses support services and so on.
To assist the lead consultant with engaging with communities in focus groups discussions, the services of a facilitator are required.
The facilitator will be expected to:
Scope of Work:
- To support in the design and preparation of each focus group discussion (and be able to support remote FGD as Lead Consultant will not be able to conduct the FGD due to COVID 19).
- Facilitate focus group discussions in Arabic (or have translation support available) and advise on how best to gain maximum participation from the group.
- Provide translation for the English-speaking lead consultant.
- Provide expert subject matter knowledge on cultural and societal mechanisms and their impact on GBV, child protection, gender and how these influences accessing services and reporting.
The expected work effort for this is around 10 working days.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Educations and experience:
Master Degree in Business, Admin, Social Science , Gender studies or any relevant Or BA degree with 5 years of experience in relevant studies
Experience in engaging and facilitating of focus groups
Qualifications and competencies:
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Experienced in Gender Based Violence, child protection, gender programming within Palestine.
- Have good community relations and able to build trust with groups/
- Highly motivated, with strong experience in facilitation of work-shops, and focus groups,
- Good knowledge of technology and how best to use this for remote ways of working, including running focus group discussions.
- Can access West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة