Terms of Reference – External Facilitator (Employee Engagement)
Introduction and Background
CARE International began work in Palestine (WBG) in 1948, created in the wake of the Palestinian refugee crisis. Over seventy years later, CARE’s scope of work has evolved and is addressing a range of humanitarian needs, and support activities that promote stability and economic opportunities.
CARE’s vision is of a world in which poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. We hold gender equality to be a fundamental requirement for poverty reduction and social justice, and the area in which we see the most pressing need for global change in order to reach our vision. Together with gender inequality, we recognize humanitarian crises – including conflict, disasters and situations of chronic insecurity – as among the most important threats to realizing our vision for a just world. In partnership with others, we deliver impactful, sustainable and evidence-driven results because of our long-term commitment to communities and our focus on addressing the underlying causes of poverty and social injustice.
A. Assignment Background
CARE Palestine West Bank and Gaza (WBG) has participated in an Employee Engagement Survey by CARE USA in 2019, and have received the results for 26 respondents from the Country Office. The results from the Survey have been received and the Country Office (CO) would like to delve deeper in understanding and analysing the results to identify actions going forward to increase employee engagement.
B. Purpose, Activities and Duration
The purpose of this assignment is twofold; for an external facilitator to help the senior management team (SMT) better understand staff needs and expectations, and identify actions which would contribute to improving staff engagement and satisfaction. In addition, to draft Employee Engagement Survey for the Country Office to be launched early 2020.
In specific, the facilitator will do the following tasks:
- To facilitate 4-5 focus group discussions with groups of staff members on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey, and staff recommendations to improved engagement and satisfaction;
- To do 1:1 interviews with 4-5 team members “identified by CARE” on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey, staff recommendations to improve engagement and satisfaction;
- To provide CARE Palestine WBG SMT with a report on the findings of the interviews and focus group discussions; and
- To draft employee engagement questions for a survey to be launched at the CO in March/April 2020.
The duration of the assignment is 5 days starting 10 January 2020 and ending 20 February 2020.
The facilitator’s work will be coordinated with the Human Resources Manager at CARE and will be expected to:
- Hold 4-5 Focus Group Discussions
- Hold 4-5 one-on-one interviews
- Submit a summary report of findings
- Draft Employee Engagement Survey that can be used to compare data with the previous survey
- A meeting to debrief with Country Office Management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education in a relevant field (Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Employee Engagement)
- Experience in creating and analyzing surveys
- Knowledge of INGO work settings
- Knowledge of Gender Equity & Diversity, and Inclusion at the workplace
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality of information
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Arabic, and excellent English writing skills.
E. Payment method
The Payment will be in USD within 30 days after receiving the deliverables and approved payment request.
CARE expects receiving a narrative and financial offers based on the deliverables, including a breakdown of the budget to show how the overall offer was calculated. E.g. # of expected working days, daily rate…
The narrative offer should include the Consultant’s CV detailing experience in area of assignment
Application should be sent by email to [email protected] by 23rd December 2019
If you are interested, please download the following