Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The Better Learning Program- BLP is a big component of the NRC education Program in Gaza; it is the result of a successful, long-standing research practice collaboration between NRC and the University of Tromso. BLP offers psycho-social support through a three-phased intervention: i) classroom-based psycho-educational support approach targeted at all children integrated flexibly into classroom practice and linked with other PSS topics/approaches (BLP1), ii) a small group intervention to support resilience among a more specific target group of academic under achievers through five group sessions facilitated by teachers (BLP2) ; and iii) specialized, clinical approach to address nightmares which many children experience as chronic symptom of traumatic stress, consisting in individual and group sessions provided by school counsellors (BLP3). Recently, the NRC Education Program in Gaza- Palestine intends to carry out an EiE new intervention, this intervention will be three-fold: 1) support most vulnerable MoEHE schools focusing on helping children recover their lost or reduced learning capacity, strengthen resilience and promote well-being by applying the BLP. 2) Support the DES through the provision of material assistance. 3) Coaching programs for teachers and counselors that may include INEE Conflict Sensitive Education (CSE), Teachers in Crises Contexts (TiCC), PSS-BLP and Emergency Preparedness; and 4) the constitution of a strategic Advisory Group, falling under the education sub-cluster.
Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Technical Officer position- with a focus on the EiE file- is to lead the EiE Task Force (EiETF), working in close collaboration with the Education Sub-Cluster in Gaza, to oversee the quality of the day to day implementation of the Education Project and to provide technical guidance with a focus on the EIE file.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of beneficiaries in line with the advocacy strategy
- Any other task required by management
- Lead the EiE Task Force (EiETF) working in close collaboration with the Education UNICEF Sub-Cluster lead in Gaza.
- Responsible of all tasks related to co-leading the EiETF (e.g. agenda development, MoM, consolidation of data from partners, reporting etc.)
- Provide leadership and support in the design, rollout and technical input of new NRC EiE program
- Ensure all training activities related to but not limited to teachers, parents, master trainers, and counsellors take place in line with program objectives (through INEE Conflict Sensitive Education lenses)
- Support and mentor teaching and non-teaching staff (in schools and around/in Designated Emergency Shelters) in collaboration with the education team
- Follow the implementation of the training package skills, participate in teachers planning (when needed) and agree/oversee follow up system and procedures with school management to ensure NRC activities are included in the MoEHE workplan
- Observe, conduct as delegated spot checks to provide technical support to the team to ensure quality implementation of project activities and provide constructive feedback in NRC standard formats
- Participate organize, set up agenda for regular team meetings and coordinate team members plans
- Participate in NRC/MoEHE steering committee meetings (central level/Directorate/Department), and work closely with MoEHE members on planning and implementation.
- Minimum 70% of the time participating in project related field activities
- M&E focal responsibility in consolidating data collection (Kobo, google etc.), assisting M&E in developing tools for data collection/analysis
- Contribute to development, management and monitoring of delegated project budget and procurement plan and consequent raising of purchase requisitions according to approved activity plan and budget in collaboration with education coordinator
- Report weekly to PC to provide debriefing on progress of implementation and submit needed supporting documents
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a University degree in education or/and equivalent field experience, advanced degree in Education desirable, with Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in the field of education in emergency, demonstrable ability to work and represent views across different stakeholders, strong experience of high-level co-ordination and chairing of meetings; cluster experience preferred,
Good understanding of M&E systems, experience of applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards) and Experience in coordinating and conducting large-scale trainings.
We are particularly looking for a person with excellent communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 1 year
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza
Start Date: ASAP.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة