Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the Education Technical Officer position is to oversee the quality of the day-to-day implementation of the Education Project.
- Provide technical input and support to the team in relation to the assigned program
- Ensure all training activities related to but not limited to teachers, parents, master trainers, and counsellors take place in line with program objectives
- Support and mentor teaching and non-teaching staff in collaboration with the education team
- Follow the implementation of the training package skills, participate in teachers planning (when needed) and agree/oversee follow up system and procedures with school management to ensure NRC activities are included in the MoEHE workplan
- Observe, conduct as delegated spot checks to provide technical support to the team to ensure quality implementation of project activities and provide constructive feedback in NRC standard formats
- Participate organize, set up agenda for regular team meetings and coordinate team members plans
- Participate in NRC/MoEHE steering committee meetings (central level/Directorate/Department), and work closely with MoEHE members on planning and implementation.
- Minimum 70% of the time participating in project related field activities
- M&E focal responsibility in consolidating data collection (Kobo, google etc.), assisting M&E in developing tools for data collection/analysis
- Contribute to development, management and monitoring of delegated project budget and procurement plan and consequent raising of purchase requisitions according to approved activity plan and budget in collaboration with education coordinator
- Report weekly to PC to provide debriefing on progress of implementation and submit needed supporting documents
- Provide leadership and support on design and rollout of new EiE programming
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education- (or related field) or equivalent field experience. Advanced degree in Education desirable
- Emergency response experience is essential.
- Demonstrable ability to work and represent views across different stakeholders.
- Experience of high-level co-ordination and chairing of meetings Excellent communication skills, including ability to facilitate diverse groups.
- Good understanding of M&E systems
- Experience of applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards)
- Experience in coordinating and conducting large-scale trainings
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Education/youth/teacher training expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza strip residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below