Education Technical Officer (Upon availability of fund)
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is running its programmes under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Gaza, under the direct supervision and responsibility of the Protection and Education Technical Advisor, the Education Technical Officer will work closely with HI partners staff to improve the provision of inclusive, gender-responsive, safe, accessible and equitable quality pre-primary and primary education; increasing girls’ and women’s equitable access to quality gender-responsive skills development, under the project entitled " Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with disabilities to gender and disability responsive inclusive education in the emergency context of occupied Palestinian territories”.
He/she will work in close collaboration with HI partners to make sure that the educational activities are implemented with respect to the agreed quality standards and criteria. This will be done through supporting and implementing the following activities;
- Leading the implementation of the capacity building related activities and oversee quality provision of educational services
- Support the development and delivery of training modules on inclusive education and disability
- Support partners in designing and implementing “back to school” activities, and identify out of school girls and boys, especially those with disabilities.
- Support the development and implementation of family social support plan for girls and boys out-of-schools
Responsibility 1 : Capacity building of HI and partners staff to improve service delivery mechanisms
- In close consultation with partner staff, develop capacity assessment tools and accompany their implementation by partner project staff and/or service providers
- Analyze the results of capacity assessment and based on it, develop and adapt capacity building plan, materials, and users guideline for the porpuse of training partner staff on its use and implementation
- Identify education technical resources required for the implementation of the capacity building plan and support their mobilization and contractualization in close coordination with the parnter staff,
- Deliver training sessions in the area of education as planned under the project
- Set up coaching and mentoring mechanism of the knowledge and skills gained from trainings and accompany its enforcement
- Support the development and delivery of training modules on inclusive education and disability
- Empower parents of children with disabilities to deliver community awareness raising sessions
- Support in the implementation of initiatives to welcome and keep out-of-school children in education
- Support education and protection clusters members on gender and disability sensitive data and indicators to take informed decision in inclusive programming
- Support the development of accessible infrastructure and gender sensitive school facilities with the participation of boys, girls and their parents
- Support the identification of mobility, hearing, visual and educational needs for boys and girls with disabilities to ensure full learning and educational activities
- Monitor the evolution of educational practices and document changes
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the partner staff and service providers for srenghtening continuous staff development
Responsibility 2 : Support to the development of appropriate methodologies in the field of education as well as the development and implementation of research/survey
- Under the supervision of the Protection and Education Technical Advisor, identify with the project team most appropriate modalities of educational intervention and related tools and mateirlas.
- In close coordination with the project team, develop the tools identified, organize their test whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results of the test
- Provide adhoc support to the partner educational team during tools use including field coaching
- Develop research/survey terms of reference, protocole and related tools in close collaboration with the protection and education technical advisor
- Collect data as per the protocole defined, proceed with data analysis and the production of report
- Present the findings to the HI and partner team and/or external audience and whenever required produce dissemination documents
- When the recruitment of consultant is necessary, prepare draft terms of reference and contribute to the applications review under the supervision of Protection and Education Technical Advisor and Project Manager
- Monitor the work of external consultants in close collaboration with the Protection and Education Technical Advisor and PM
Responsibility 3: Support HI and partners project staff on the daily implementation of the educational activities
- Ensure the active involvement of the most vulnerable people especially girls, boys and female and male parents in the education process in schools
- Support targeted schools to establish parents’ councils that includes representative parents of children with disabilities
- Support the implementation of educational support sessions that will target children with disabilities, their family members and school teachers
- Support partner in conducting training needs assessment for partners special and mainstream school staff including teachers and counsellors
- Provide on the job training and coaching for partners educational counselors and teachers
- Provide technical support and guidance to the partner project team, in order to ensure an excellent level of quality of the project implemented, compliant with the international standards, but also to those of HI and donors.
- Support the standardization of inclusion and coordination mechanisms between special, mainstream and public schools
- Support partners to identify their needs of educational materials and resources
Responsibility 4 : Monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for documenting indicators related to education activities, collect data in relation with core tasks and measure the progress made.
- Support the Project Manager and TA in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
- Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of education of the project
- Under the Protection and Education Technical Advisor’s and PM’s supervision, support the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document
- Support the development and follow up of the monitoring system related to education, and support the reporting against each donor indicator as well as HI internal indicators.
- Follow up project indicators on regular basis and provide the need technical support to partners.
- Support the project evaluation process as defined by PM.
- Maintain updated records and reports of the project activities whenever requested.
- Participate in analyzing lessons learned and feedback on the project’s experience gained from implementation
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The position is based in Gaza.
- Willingness to travel to the field with a valid driving license.
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in education or any realted field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience the field of education, in emergency or/ and development context
- Skills in designing and delivering training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Strong skills to write technical documents in English
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year renewable upon availability of fund and the position is based in Gaza
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : From 6,623 ILS to 7,450 ILS based on experience
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to reach on or before the 23rd June 2019 to: [email protected]
indicating your full name and the job title (Education Techncial Officer ) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.