Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The Better Learning Program- BLP is a big component of the NRC education Program in Gaza; it is the result of a successful, long-standing research practice collaboration between NRC and the University of Tromso. BLP offers psycho-social support through a three-phased intervention: i) classroom-based psycho-educational support approach targeted at all children integrated flexibly into classroom practice and linked with other PSS topics/approaches (BLP1), ii) a small group intervention to support resilience among a more specific target group of academic under achievers through five group sessions facilitated by teachers (BLP2) ; and iii) specialized, clinical approach to address nightmares which many children experience as chronic symptom of traumatic stress, consisting in individual and group sessions provided by school counsellors (BLP3).
The NRC is looking for an individual who has an excellent technical background in education/ Psycho-Educational support, as well as has the qualities of supporting the education officers in the field, and the high quality intervention of the BLP project in Gaza
- Provide technical input and support to the team in relation to the assigned program
- Ensure all training activities related to but not limited to teachers, parents, master trainers, and counsellors take place in line with program objectives
- Support and mentor teaching and non-teaching staff in collaboration with the education team
- Follow the implementation of the training package skills, participate in teachers planning (when needed) and agree/oversee follow up system and procedures with school management to ensure NRC activities are included in the MoEHE work plan
- Observe, conduct as delegated spot checks to provide technical support to the team to ensure quality implementation of project activities and provide constructive feedback in NRC standard formats
- Participate organize, set up agenda for regular team meetings and coordinate team members plans
- Participate in NRC/MoEHE steering committee meetings (central level/Directorate/Department), and work closely with MoEHE members on planning and implementation.
- Minimum 70% of the time participating in project related field activities
- M&E focal responsibility in consolidating data collection (Kobo, google etc.), assisting M&E in developing tools for data collection/analysis
- Contribute to development, management and monitoring of delegated project budget and procurement plan and consequent raising of purchase requisitions according to approved activity plan and budget in collaboration with education coordinator
- Report weekly to PC to provide debriefing on progress of implementation and submit needed supporting documents
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by managementA
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in education- psychology or/and experience in working on psycho-education. Advanced degree in psychology desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of psycho-education and/or youth
- Experience in preparing/developing/delivery training materials/packages
- Relevant work experience especially with beneficiaries.
- Experience of and commitment to participatory approaches to aid and development
- Good understanding of M&E systems
- Education/youth/teacher training expertise
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة