Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The main responsibility of the Education officer is to contribute to the quality in the implementation of the education project.
- Ensure minimum 80% of the time participating in project field activities
- Participate in team planning, regular meetings, and M&E activities in coordination with the Technical Officer (including FGD, pre-assessment, post-assessment, research & evaluations taking place during the course of the year etc.)
- Based on needs assessment results, work closely with school management, teaching and non-teaching staff on designing, planning and implementing project related activities
- Implement, follow up, and supervise the project implementation in assigned schools closely with school management and supervisors/Master Trainers
- Observe teachers/counsellors’ performance to ensure project activities are implemented according to quality standards and provide structured feedback in line with a training plan based on gaps identified
- Ensure keeping accurate records of project data for assigned schools (KoBO data entry, targets, assessments, beneficiaries, pictures, beneficiaries’ feedback etc.)
- Prepare, revise, and develop teaching/non-teaching staff training materials/packages based on needs/gaps identified and lead/facilitate the required training sessions/workshops for teaching and non-teaching staff in target schools, in a collaboration with schools’ management
- Implement awareness sessions for parents and teaching staff in assigned schools
- Develop individual work plan to address the needs of the target groups to be shared with PC
- Collaborate with partners in the implementation of approved activities and ensure their implementation is in accordance with the agreed plan
- Follow up on seconded counsellors’ performance attendance and commitment in assigned schools, and provide needed technical and logistical support
- Provide self-care guidance to school staff, parents, and local partners
- Prepare purchase requisition according to approved activities plan, budget, procurement and requests from PC.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in Education or relevant fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in education in emergencies, psycho-educational and/or social emotional programming
- Experience in education pedagogical techniques and psycho-educational capacity building techniques
- Experience in participatory approaches to aid and development programming
- Experience working at project officer level in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal
- Good command in English, both writing and verbal
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 5 months - it is subject to fund availability
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة