EducAid is an International Non-Governmental Organization established in Italy in March
2000 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It promotes the rights of
Persons with Disabilities in various countries, including the Occupied Palestinian
Territories, through interaction with associations, social enterprises and enthusiastic individuals
ethically involved in the educational and social work. Its mission is to prevent and reduce the
disadvantages and obstacles of individuals with disabilities or those who live in social and
cultural difficulties. Additionally, EducAid seeks to build the capacity of the individuals and
institutions in terms of education through different means but most notably by building an
educational system where all the resources in the community thrive through the education
system. Furthermore, EducAid aims to ensure the ultimate respect of human rights, in particular
the rights of children, persons with disabilities and minority groups, and to encourages policies
oriented to gender equality.
The main duty of the selected Education Expert is to provide overall technical support to the
implementation of the EU Commission funded project “Including Jerusalem”, aimed at
enhancing inclusive capacities of Palestinian primary schools in East Jerusalem, improving
educational offer of AlQuds University and strengthening the role of the University’s Child
Institutes at the community level. EducAid, as leading organization, will coordinate the
implementation of project activities with local and international project partners from its offices
in East Jerusalem and Ramallah.
- Carrying out a detailed data collection and analysis related to the targeted beneficiary
- Monitor that project activities and the provided services are in line with the promotion of
inclusive education objectives;
- Support team members to enhance their abilities to identify target beneficiaries and their
- Organize and implement related trainings on Education Sector when required;
- Develop multidisciplinary need assessments to the target beneficiaries (methodology, tools
development, data collection, analysis and reporting);
- Build a network and maintain good relationships with service providers, DPOs, schools, the
Palestinian Minister of Education staff and different stakeholders;
- Provide the Project Manager and the MEAL Officer with accurate, precise and timely
reports on project activities under its competence;
- Disseminate information on inclusive education to partners and stakeholders in an accurate
- Promote disability mainstreaming and Inclusive Education in the Cluster System and
represent EducAid in relevant clusters (Education Cluster);
- Researching and assisting in the production of inclusive education related publications;
- Ensure all services are provided in a professional and ethical manner;
- Support Project Managers in drafting concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and
ensure their timely submission.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required degree: Bachelor Degree in Education, Human Rights, Social sciences or other
At least 4 year of professional work experience at national and/or international level in the field
of education, education and disability or other relevant programs.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Background in project cycle management, especially logical frameworks;
- Strong background in education;
- Proven ability to write clear and effective reports in English;
- Excellent communication skills and solid ability to convey a message in different
manners according to the stakeholders involved;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in the use of Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Experience in designing and implementing training programs;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills and strong motivation;
- A demonstrated understanding of local and international laws, in particular of Human
Rights Law and UNCRPD, and of national education system;
- Experience in projects promoting gender equality and/or inclusion for CWD (Children
with Disabilities) is an advantage;
- Familiarity with education context in East Jerusalem is advantage;
- Prior experience with EU procedures is an advantage;
-Preferred resident in Jerusalem with valid driving permit
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter in English
explaining their motivation in applying for this specific position and highlighting their relevant
skills and experience no later than at the following address: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving application is the 15 th of February 2023.
Please clearly state “Education Expert-IJ” in the email subject, followed by your name if you
want to be considered for this position.
Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the
closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are
encouraged to apply. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.