CARE Palestine (West Bank & Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Economic Empowerment Projects Coordinator (Job# 8/2020)
Summary: The Economic Empowerment Projects’ Coordinator (PC) will support the projects’ teams (CARE and partner staff) working within Economic Empowerment Projects mainly “Women & Youth Leading Change: OBADER”, & “My Economic Empowerment Our Future (Duroob)”, and other economic empowerment projects. Duroob project aims to economically and socially empower vulnerable women and youth (female and male) in the West Bank. OBADER’s main goal is to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of low-income women and/or female and male youth as entrepreneurs and employees in central and south of West Bank and Gaza.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the detailed implementation of the projects’ activities during the different stages of the project life cycle (design, conceptualization, and implementation), reports writing and financial management of the project budget as needed.
Primary activities for the Economic Empowerment Projects Coordinator (PC) include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of projects’ activities; mainly under Duroob and partially under OBADER), according to the projects’ work plans.
- Coordinate (with the projects’ team) the development of weekly and monthly work plans for staff, technical consultants, and partner staff.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of all key activities/initiatives under Outcome#3 of the Duroob Project (Female and male farmers engage more profitably and meaningfully in agriculture value chains) in the West Bank including the development of knowledge products. These are mainly focusing on working with farmers, Ministry of Agriculture, Private Sector actors, potential investors, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), local actors and community-based organizations (CBOs).
- Provide insights to the design of business models and concept notes based on well grounded ‘business’ and ‘private sector’ related research that will feed into the design (involving both the communities and private sectors (e.g. companies and SMEs). This includes contributing to the design of the detailed activities, the follow up, the monitoring and the networking with all actors in a participatory manner; and in collaboration with CARE’s and partners’ team, stakeholders, beneficiaries and private sector actors.
- Participate effectively in the selection of CBOs/ SMEs/ Groups that might benefit from potential community capacity building activities.
- Contribute in developing communication materials to disseminate to relevant market system actors, especially businesses.
- work closely with CARE’s team and partners to develop and finalize selection criteria of the beneficiaries, and lead needs assessment to select potential actors at different levels (e.g. Private Sectors partners, Value Chain Actors, CBOs, SMEs, Universities, relevant institutions…etc.)
- Prepare/Write work plans, intervention models, monthly narrative updates, field reports, annual narrative and financial reports as required by CARE and the donor.
- Draft terms of reference (TOR) for project related consultancies (e.g. those relevant to capacity building, Value chain assessments/studies, business modeling, other relevant assessments, consultants or trainers, evaluators, etc.
- Conduct field visits to different project’s locations in the West Bank, and meet with beneficiaries/partners/community representatives to make sure that all activities are implemented in the best way, and according to the plans.
- Support gender analysis, design, and implementation of activities in line with CARE’s empowerment framework and gender transformative programming.
- support the SPM to develop the overall procurement plans for the projects, prepare tender documents, participate in analyzing bids and make informed recommendations to the team
- Monitor the work of the sub-contractors/consultants to ensure adherence to the terms of the contract and to ensure the quality of work meets predefined standards.
- Work closely with finance team and partners to regularly monitor partners’ projects budgets in accordance with CARE and donors’ requirements and provide updates/forecasts and develop projects’ budgets as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in economics, social science, business administration, or public administration with an emphasis on economic development or community development, Market Systems, Agriculture value chains development. Master’s degree would be added assets.
· At least 5 years’ proven experience in coordinating/managing and implementing women economic empowerment projects, economic empowerment, agriculture value chain development, complex market system, food security, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
· Demonstrated management skills with a minimum of three years’ experience supervising employees.
· Demonstrate strong reporting skills mainly on socio-economic issues.
· A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management.
· Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, communities, local NGO partners, Community based Organizations, SMES and government officials.
· Excellent reporting and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, power point.
· Have good private sector engagement and market system/value chain development experience in the agriculture/agribusiness sector.
· Training in entrepreneurship, value chain approaches, private sector engagement, participatory community development tools and methods.
· Experience in implementing NORAD funded projects.
· Gender transformative approaches, inclusive value chains, & Diversity Training.
· Formal training in Women Economic Empowerment.
· Formal Training in Project Management.
· Training in reporting and M&E.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than , 4 January 2021 and include the job number (8/2020) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all