CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Economic Empowerment Projects M&E Officer (Job# 6/2019)
Summary: The Economic Empowerment Projects Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEO) for monitoring, projects’ follow-up, reporting and accountability is a member of the Economic Empowerment (EE) program team, which facilitates the implementation of CARE’s Obader project and other strategic initiatives at CARE Palestine West Bank/ Gaza.
The M&E Officer will play an important role in ensuring CARE’s accountability to communities, donors, and partners, and contributing to CARE’s aims of empowering civil society. S/he will also play a key monitoring role, working with local partners and providing them with business development and Economic Empowerment support, supporting the collection of information, documentation of lessons learned and reporting, and following up on project’s key activities, including business development support provided to enterprises and communities. The M&E officer will report to the Project Manager and work under the technical lead of the Impact and Learning Coordinator. The M&E Officer will help ensure that M&E data from projects, as well as information and priorities arising from communities, enterprises, and value chains are captured; clearly communicated; and they feed into CARE’s evidence gathering and learning system, which will be used in advocacy, fundraising, and program quality improvements to ensure projects’ objectives are met.
Primary activities for the Project M&E Officer include but are not limited to: working with partners to establish monitoring and implementation processes for each activity using the project MEAL framework, conducting regular field visits to the partners, and project sites to offer all needed technical support to the implementing organizations and the field staff, and to monitor the projects’ activities to ensure project M&E objectives are met. Support and facilitate the development of the data collection tools and pilot stage in a gender sensitive manner consolidating the implementing partners’ inputs. Support project coordination efforts (procurement, event, admin), and support other Country Office M&E needs
Start date: As soon as possible
Position type: full-time 40 hours/week
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Academic Qualifications: Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. Master’s degree in Management, Social Sciences, Gender studies, Politics, Economic Development or other related fields would be an asset.
· At least five years of directly related experience in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
· Experience in working within the NGO/INGO sector in positions related to M&E, and preferably Gender Equality
· Conducting research, evaluation and/or preparing analytical work
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Excellent documentation skills in English language
· knowledge of NGOs and CBOs structures
· Strong knowledge in the gender/social/ cultural context of West bank.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English, with emphasis on strong written English language skills.
· Strong team play and collaboration skills.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than 13 September 2019 and include the job number (6/2019) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all