(Dual Studies and Coop Education Curriculum Consultant)
Palestine Technical University - Kadoorie (PTUK) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: (Mihnati – my profession). This project aims to adopt the dual studies and coop education models. Accordingly, PTUK seeks the selection and employment of a (Dual Studies and Coop Education Curriculum Consultant).
PTUK is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will conduct and lead the adoption of the dual studies model for four diploma programs and one coop education model for a bachelor’s degree program of mechanical engineering.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible to acoomplishing the following tasks:
- Conduct a comprehensive need assessment study for the five targeted programs to identify the gap between the current competencies and the actual needs recognized by the Palestinian market and sectoral stakeholders
- Identify areas of interventions and needed actions to the study plans of the programs of interest to adopting the best-fit models. This includes developing the curriculum mapping, suggesting, modifying and upgrading undergraduate courses as required and in compliance with the adopted model structure
- Assist PTUK through their “Maintain communication” with Accreditation and Quality Assurance Commission (AQAC) to ensure successful accreditation of the new tracks of programs
- Introduce to PTUK a list of regional and international institutions that have experience in both dual studies and coop education experience and facilitate communication to organize field visits
- Suggest actions to reinforce the cooperation between institutions and industries (i.e., network of relationships)
- Build clear mandates, roles and responsibilities to the three key players; Tertiary Education Institution (TEI), employers and students.
This includes but not limited to developing the following documents and training the staff on using them:
- Admission process
A document detailing the student admission process for dual studies and coop education programs at both PTUK and partner companies.
- Company recruitment application
Application form that a company is required to fill in order to join the dual studies and coop education programs.
- Bylaws of practical period
Rules and procedures governing the dual studies and coop education models and their relationships with the PTUK structure.
- Student practical period plan for each model
The plan of the student practical period has to be set properly and carefully earlier to joining the new models. In each model, the students have to preceisely recognize the importance of practical period to their career life and build robust networking skills.
- Supervision and evaluation forms for each model
Preparing reports and documents needed for the evaluation process of practical periods. The evaluation process will include all key players at the different stages of the project.
- Write up a Need Assessment Report
- Prepare a Road Map Report on how to adopt the dual studies and coop education models of the five programs
- Write up five reports for each program that include curricula, syllabus documents that include program mapping of the five programs and how each program is transitioned, reformed and upgraded
- Assist PTUK body in charge for accrediaton to respond to concerns arised by the AQAC for the approval of the new programs
- Prepare a detailed report on the process of how to engage the private sector/employers in the dual studies and coop education approved programs
- Provide at least five training sessions for PTUK faculty and staff involved in the new restructured programs on how curricula are designed and how to use the appropriate forms, tools and methods of learning on a sustainable basis
Essential Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Having at least five years of practical experience in the field of consultancy in the higher education field in particular the dual studies and coop education models
- Holding a Ph.D. in Education, Engineering or any other related field
- Having intensive experience in the higher education curricula development nationally and internationally
- Being aware of standards and requirements of the accreditation process.
- Getting familiar with local industries and building strong relations with local private sector and employers
- Having relevant publications (e.g., journal articles, books, reports, etc.) is a plus
- Time frame: December 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- Contract type: Lump-sum contract
How to apply:
Interested & qualified individual consultant/s are encouraged to send a PFD verion of the CV a Covering Letter to the following email:
indicating the title – Dual & Coop Consultant - in the Subject line, no later than Sunday November 26, 2017