The purpose of the Driver position is to provide daily professional and reliable transport to NRC resources.
This Position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state, checking spare tyres and recovery kits
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
- Contribute to implementation of Safe and Inclusive Programming Minimum Standards across your area of work.
- Perform safe and secure transportation of NRC personnel and deliveries throughout West bank and Jerusalem.
- Adhere to daily movement schedules and, where necessary, assisting with organising schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Observe the route, road, location, destination and security situation in each journey and report back to the Security Focal Point in case of any incident
- Perform carrying out loading/unloading duties, as required
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Valid Israeli drivers’ licence, with excellent driving record
- Excellent knowledge of roads, directions and key stakeholder locations
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
What do we offer:
The position is based in Hebron with some travel to Jerusalem Duty Station.
Type of Contract: One year, renewable upon availability of funding.
Salary: Grade 3 based upon the NRC grading Scale. Salary and benefits as per Jerusalem Duty Station
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Recruiter: Nagham Yasin email: [email protected]
If you are interested to apply for this position, please check the full Job Description Driver Job Description .docx
For interested candidates, please submit updated CV using the following link: Driver (Nationals Only) - NRC NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Applications are only accepted if submitted through NRC website.
For more information about NRC's work in Palestine, please check: factsheet_palestine_may2023.pdf (nrc.no)
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.