Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Driver / Fleet and Premises Management
For a period of 12 months with possibility of extension
In the framework of Action Against Hunger programme to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Driver / Fleet and Premises Management will support the Base Logistician in terms of fleet and premises management, safety and security, inventory and equipment and driving. S/He will support the final aim to guarantee an efficient and effective operational support to the projects of the Base.
Fleet Management and Transport
- Transport Action Against Hunger personnel and goods within Gaza Strip and to the project sites, according to the movement planning of the base
- Collect and drop Action Against Hunger staff members and/or visiting consultants to Erez crossing. Accompany personnel at each checkpoint 3/3 & 5/5 ensuring smooth access and communication with officials.
- Follow up and keep records of movements, fuel consumption and maintenance of all vehicles in the logbook
- Submit fuel report to Base Log each month.
- Supervise the drivers and communicate with base logistician regarding accidents or incidents to ensure necessary information and reporting is provided. Act as a focal point for all vehicle movements.
- Check the vehicles (condition and mechanic) on a daily basis and fill the daily/weekly/monthly follow up sheets.
- Make sure that all necessary items (such as tools, first aid kit, car documents, maps, fire extinguisher and communication means) are always in each of the vehicles at the beginning of each day and before any journey.
- Liaise with focal point in contracted taxi company to arrange all staff movements.
- Organise the daily and weekly movement planning – following up with teams to ensure movements for the following day & updating movement plan in conjunction with Base Log accordingly.
- Compile staff taxi vouchers on a weekly basis – updating relevant spreadsheet to calculate monthly expenditure – crosscheck and confirm calculations with taxi Co. before submitting to logistics to proceed with payment.
- Ensure follow up of the fleet (maintenance, repairs, use, wash, fuel, insurance, car registration) and that timely maintenance is done at regular intervals. Ensure that all repairs and car services are logged in the vehicle maintenance file.
- Drive and make sure that all the safety / security rules are implemented.
- Ensure that all drivers records (from contracted taxi company) – license, registration and insurance and up to date – update follow up spreadsheet & keep hard copy file of documents. Inform Base Log & Taxi Co. when permits are close to expiring for renewal.
Support the Logistics Assistant in procurement process (purchasing)
- Deliver and collect quotations.
- Support on the purchases and organize the payments of invoices to the suppliers.
- Inspect items delivered and deal with contractors regarding back orders and missing or damaged goods.
Premises Management (Equipment and Inventory)
- Ensure that all premises are equipped with functioning and up-to-date first aid kits and fire extinguishers.
- Support Base Logistician in collecting relevant items and quantities of supplies needed for Office and GH supplies.
- Support Logistics to identify suitable building for Action Against Hunger Premises.
- Undertake inventory checks and update inventory lists in Gaza Base on a quarterly basis.
- Any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Security and Access
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan. Support Base Logistician in the preparation and dissemination of staff information / trainings / awareness in relation to security rules.
- Communicate to the security managers – HOB & Base Log any important security information concerning the areas where Action Against Hunger project activities are taking place – in order to ensure effective operational security planning for all Action Against Hunger staff members Report to Base Log any seen or reported Action Against Hunger staff non-compliance with security SOPs.
- Take initiative in offering advice whenever security issues arise.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the basic rules of passive security within the base and Action Against Hunger rented premises are respected (e.g. cleanliness, order, access to extinguishers and access to exits).
- Give logistics and security support to Action Against Hunger staff during field distribution activities.
- Ensure all passengers are following Action Against Hunger Local Standard Operational Procedures (LSOP).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Secondary education or higher.
- Valid Driving license for not less than 5 years; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair; and good knowledge of Gaza Strip roads.
- Knowledge of security protocols in relation to staff movements, premises and base operations.
- First Aid Knowledge desirable.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience as a driver (experience in an international organisation is obligatory).
- Safe driving record.
- Experience in logistics and procurement.
- Good reading, writing and speaking skills in both Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel and Internet.
- Ideally able to travel to the West Bank and Jerusalem and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 29/06/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.