The Project: FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (TFCS)
The FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support programme (TFCS) is a £15m programme financed by FCDO and operational from 2020 – 2023. The objective of the TFCS is to improve the trade performance and customs capabilities in the OPTs. It will ultimately contribute to increased inclusive private sector-led economic growth and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs.
Cowater is responsible for managing the implementation of this programme on behalf of FCDO and under its supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing driving and logistic support to ensure smooth transport of staff and delivery of tasks for the TFCS Office, including:
- Planning and conducting safe and timely transportation of staff, visitors, mail and supplies throughout the West Bank.
- Preparing the vehicle for field trips.
- Ensuring the vehicle is ready for departure at the correct time location and in proper condition on a daily basis (clean, fuel refill, etc.)
- Maintaining a record of vehicle license and insurance and alerting the car rental company of its expiry date.
- Ensuring timely and prompt delivery and collection of mail from and to TFCS suppliers, vendors, partner organizations and other stakeholders once daily or as required.
- Ensuring all car logs are maintained in each vehicle and accurately filled out.
As available, depending on driving tasks:
- Providing office support services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the TFCS Office, including:
- Monitoring the use of supplies and stationery.
- Coordinating the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensuring that all assets are recorded on the Asset Register and appropriately labelled.
- Performing receptionist functions, including receiving, directing, and relaying telephone messages.
- Greeting, assisting and/or directing visitors.
- Providing secretarial support, including scanning, photocopying, etc.
- Identifying office needs and preparing purchase requisitions.
- Supporting the Finance and Operations Lead in the preparation of procurement documents, particularly purchase requisitions, and offers analysis according to the TFCS Procurement Policy.
- Signing the payments from authorized staff
- Updating the regular monthly expenses tables
- Updating the procurement database
- Maintaining the West Bank petty cash fund and its records and prepare the petty cash replenishment report
- Photocopying, scanning and labelling all the financial document twice a week at minimum to be ready to send to HQ along with the monthly financial report.
- Organizing the finance department filing
- Keeping track of the issued and liquidating advances and updating the Finance and Operations Lead of the advance’s status.
- Sending the bank transfer letters to the bank when necessary.
- Reviewing the vehicles logbook and make the calculations, spot check is required to ensure trips are registered in the book.
- Assisting in the procurement process, prepare the Purchase Requisition, RFP and procurement analysis for the procurement panel review and selection.
- Communicating with IT support company for all troubles encountered in the office
- Assisting, as directed by Finance and Operations Lead, in general administrative, logistical, and other tasks for the office.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Ability and knowledge to perform the adminstation tasks listed under the ToR
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience driving in Palestine, safely and smartly
- Knowledge of car maintenance requirements
Reporting Lines and Managerial Responsibilities
This role reports to the Finance and Operations Lead.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs. [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this project, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater is Equal Opportunity Employer.