“Driver” for 6 months limited contract
Working efficiently, effectively, and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transitioning, and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The “Risk Management office” supports all projects of the German state development cooperation (GIZ, KfW, PTB) and fulfills tasks to support the delivery capability and the best possible guarantee of the personal security of its clientele. The RMO provides services in three fields of action: (1) information and advice, (2) fleet management and coordination of missions, and (3) crisis prevention and management.
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position
“Driver” for 6 months limited contract
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles
- Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
- Takes a careful note of all available information concerning street conditions,
- effective routes, and locations
- Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
- Following up and dealing with the international members driving licenses.
- Taking care of the responsibility of sending all GIZ vehicles for the yearly inspection test for the registration renewal
- Drives office vehicles safely and chauffeurs office staff and official visitors.
- Assists in the transport of goods.
- Checks oil, water, brake, and fluids on a weekly basis; tire pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition monthly or after 5000 km whichever comes first; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Is responsible for project vehicle documents and their care, keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis, and registers each monthly check.
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs to the line manager.
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any – even minor accidents – or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
- Does not use the car for his/ her private purposes at any time without prior permission from the Head of Administration or his/ her assigned deputy. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered serious misconduct and will immediately lead to a warning and may even result in dismissal.
- Greets passengers in a warm and friendly demeanor.
Other Duties and additional tasks:
- Takes on all other tasks assigned by the international/ national supervisor.
- Stands by in the office maintains his/ her vehicle, and supports other colleagues if no driving job has to be met.
- Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/ her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/ her ability to drive.
- Undertakes further job training related to his/ her position and duties, if required Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Head of Administration
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience Qualifications.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of three years of work experience as a driver, and ability to drive armored vehicles.
- Over 24 years old with a clean driving record (No history of major accidents or endorsements on driving license).
- A valid driving license with categories B & C1 mandatory / D is an advantage.
- Minimum skills in car maintenance.
- Well-oriented in Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem areas.
- Good working knowledge of modern communication systems (telephone, sat phones, VHF).
- Familiarity with Windows Office suite and intrapersonal applications.
- Good communication skills, discipline, punctuality, and patience.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), and Arabic, ideally a knowledge of Hebrew is desirable.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural environment.
- Holder of Jerusalem I.D. with residency in Kufr Aqab or Ramallah is preferable.
Assignment: Starting 1st of Sep 2023 for 6 months limited contract.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV, and a cover letter, no later than 23rd Aug 2023. At the latest 4:00 PM
Kindly state in the email subject “Driver”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form