Duty Station: Ramallah
Mission: occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
The driver shall be responsible to drive employees / goods and mail safely across different locations in the West Bank including East Jerusalem to ensure the smooth implementation of PUI operations. While doing so, he/she shall bear in mind the general safety and security of people, goods, and vehicles. He/shall be responsible as well of the regular maintenance of the vehicle and keep it in the best shape.
More specifically, he/she will:
- To safely and securely ensure the transportation of PUI staff and deliveries throughout the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Checking the route, road, location, destination and security situation before each journey.
- Recording trips details using PUI Logbook.
- Checking that all tools and items ( jacks, spare tyres, first aid kit etc) are always kept in the vehicle.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks, water, oil, tyres, etc.
- Keep vehicle clean and tidy.
- Communicating any security issues to logistics and security officer.
- Observing safe driving practices and respecting speed limits as required within the law of
- Carry out loading/ unloading duties as required.
- Transport goods / mails whenever its required by the mission.
- Has the ability to work overtime or at weekends when requested
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years professional driving experience (preferably in NGOs)
- Minimum of secondary school certificate.
- A full clean and valid driving licence
- Basic English language skills written and orally
- Good knowledge of all areas in West Bank and East Jerusalem
- Holder of Jerusalem ID
- Knowledge of Security protocols and oPT laws.
- Pleasant personality and ability to work in a team.
- Basic English language skills written and orally.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before August 7, 2021, by sending an email to: [email protected].
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.