The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières
is recruiting for its project in Jerusalem a temporary
Base and Facilities Officer – Driver
(Bearers of Jerusalem ID only)
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF-France has been present in the Occupied Palestinian Territories since 1988, mostly focusing in mental health care in Nablus governorate and in specialized surgery and rehabilitation for burns in Gaza. In addition, the organization has been assisting MOH for COVID response in some parts of Nablus and Gaza during this pandemic.
In the Coordination office, MSF-F is seeking a Base and Facilities Officer - Driver to carry out or supervise all maintenance and logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions and to perform as a driver according to operational needs.
• Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
• Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
• Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
• Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings, etc. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
• Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
o Inventories and reallocation of equipment
o Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations
• Preparing orders for logistics activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state
• Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased
• Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential: Secondary Education; Advantage: IT background
Advantage: Previous experience with MSF/NGO and/or experience on the main accountabilities
Advantage: Desired computer network and peripheral skills
Essential: English, Arabic and Basic Hebrew
Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; behavioral flexibility; commitment to MSF Principles; service orientation; stress management
Contract: 6-month fixed term contract (with 2-month probationary period)
Activity rate: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Interested applicants must submit their application in English including curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, diploma and Jerusalem ID not later than 7 July 2021 at
[email protected] or upload their credentials at the link below:
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CALLED FOR TEST AND INTERVIEW