The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Driver position is to provide professional and reliable transport to NRC in Jerusalem and West Bank as required
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state, checking spare tyres and recovery kits
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Perform safe and secure transportation of NRC personnel and deliveries throughout Jerusalem
- Adhere to daily movement schedules and, where necessary, assisting with organising schedules to ensure maximum efficiency
- Observe the route, road, location, destination and security situation in each journey and report back to the Security Focal Point in case of any incident
- Adhere to all NRC Palestine security and safety policies and guidelines
- Perform carrying out loading/unloading duties, as required
- Report immediately any accident following NRC procedures
7. Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a professional and reliable driver with a clean driving record. Preferably with experience in a similar role in humanitarian/recovery context. Good command in both English and Arabic, Knowledge of Hebrew language is preferred. We are particularly looking for an individual who is flexible, motivated with good interpersonal skills.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract Duration: 1 year renewable
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Jerusalem
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة