Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
The Driver is responsible for
- Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles
- Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
- Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions,
- effective routes, and locations
- Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
- Following up and dealing with the International members driving licenses.
- Taking care of the responsibility of sending all GIZ vehicles for the yearly inspection test for the registration renewal
- Drives office vehicles safely and chauffeur’s office staff and official visitors
- Assists the transport of goods
- Checks oil, water, brake, and fluids on a weekly basis; tire pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition monthly or after 5000 km whichever comes first; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Is responsible for project vehicle documents and its care, keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs to line manager
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any – even minor accidents – or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle
- Does not use the car for his/ her private purposes at any time without prior permission from the Head of Administration or his/ her assigned deputy. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct and will immediately lead to a warning and may even result in dismissal
- Greets passengers in a warm and friendly demeanor
Other duties/additional tasks
- Takes on all other tasks assigned by the international/ national supervisor
- Stands by in the office, maintains his/ her vehicle, and supports other colleagues, if no driving job has to be met
- Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/ her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/ her ability to drive
- Undertakes further job training related to his/ her position and duties, if required Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Head of Administration
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of three years of work experience as driver, and ability to drive armored vehicles.
- Over 24 years old with a clean driving record (No history of major accidents or endorsements on driving license).
- Valid driving licence with categories B & C1 mandatory / D is advantage.
- Minimum skills in car maintenance.
- Well oriented in West Bank and Jerusalem areas.
- Good working knowledge of modern communication systems (telephone, sat phones, VHF).
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Fluent in English (oral and written), Arabic, ideally a knowledge of Hebrew is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Holder of Jerusalem I.D with residency in Kufr Aqab or Ramallah is preferable.
Assignment: Starting 01.05.2019, six months’ contract with possibility of extension
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 22.03.2019.
Kindly state in the email subject “Driver”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.