Position Title: Doctor (Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Diagnosis, treatment and determination of the type of service that persons with disabilities (PwDs) referred to the physiotherapy clinic.
- Supervising the work of nurses and providing continuous technical support for them.
- Assess patients and determines treatment intervention plan through coordination with the PC and other specialists to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Coordinate with Physical therapist to identify PWDs specific needs for assistive devices and write clear and correct prescription and submit to the project coordinator on regular basis.
- Strengthening preventive programs and health education for teams and beneficiaries.
- Providing different trainings for specialists to deal with patients with chronic diseases and not to adversely affect the patient through sessions
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PWDs and other vulnerable groups.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working with PwDs.
- Report to the project coordinator using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in medicine, specialty would be an asset “Orthopedist, Neurologist, general surgery, General practitioner”.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in the related field and significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, similar projects.
- Candidates should obtain profession license from the Ministry of health.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Doctor
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please