EducAid is an International Non-Governmental Organization established in Italy in March 2000 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It supports Persons with Disabilities in various countries, including the Occupied Palestinian Territories, through interaction with associations, social enterprises and enthusiastic individuals ethically involved in the educational and social work. Its mission is to prevent and reduce the disadvantages and obstacles of individuals with disabilities or those who live in social and cultural difficulties. Additionally, EducAid seeks to build the capacity of the individuals and institutions in terms of education through different means but most notably through building an educational system where all the resources present in the community coverage to avoid entrusting education. Furthermore, EducAid aims to ensure the ultimate respect of Human Rights, in particular the rights of children, Persons with Disabilities, minority groups and to encourage policies oriented to gender equality.
About Independent Living Center
The Independent Living Center (ILC) was established by EducAid in Gaza in May 2018 within the framework of the project “I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion”, funded by Italian Agency for Development Cooperation – AICS, and implemented by EducAid in partnership with several Italian and local partners. Goal: the ILC model is aiming at improving the autonomy and independency levels for those in need especially the PWDs through provision of personalized individual and group-collective counseling, empowerment, occupational therapy sessions and adapting, fixing and creating some assistive devices and tools to improve their independency level. Besides, developing the socio-economic status of PWDs, in particular of Women with Disabilities, through guide, promote and facilitate the access to education and decent work in addition to increasing the awareness of the PWDs on their rights and promoting for the economic, social and cultural participation, with equal opportunities in the Palestinian society. The main units of the ILC are including but not limited to: the social working unit; the peer counseling unit; the occupational therapy unit; the help desk unit; the architecture unit; the assistive devices workshop unit.
- Coordinate, follow-up and monitor the activities /services provided by Independent Living Center including but not limited to: social worker, architect, peer counselors, Occupational Therapists.
- Contribute to the revision and improving the provided services to beneficiaries and the enhance the quality of it
- Support team members to enhance their abilities to identify target beneficiaries and their families
- Organize and implement related trainings when required
- Develop a multidisciplinary needs assessment to the target beneficiaries (methodology, tools development, data collection, analysis and reporting)
- Build a network and maintain good relationships with service provider , DPOs and different stakeholders
- Assisting the project manager with reporting on project activities
- Disseminating information on disability to partners and stakeholders
- Promote disability in the Cluster System and Disability Working Group meetings
- Researching and assisting in the production of disability publications
- Ensure all services are provided in a professional and ethical manner
- Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of methodologies and technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), users guidelines, etc.
- Support team members to analyze the data collected and develop beneficiaries intervention plans.
- Ability to support program managers in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required degree: Bachelor Degree in Rehabilitation sciences, Human Rights, Social sciences or relevant field
At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in development, humanitarian, disability, rehabilitation or other relevant programs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Background in project cycle management, especially logical frameworks
- Strong background in rehabilitation services
- Excellent computer skills, especially in the use of Excel
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Background in disability context in the Gaza
- Leadership skills and strong motivation
- A demonstrated understanding of local and international laws, in particular of Human Rights and UNCRPD.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , no later than 22th November 2020 at 12:00 Palestinian time. Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.