The East Jerusalem Young Men’s Christian Association
Job title: Director of the Rehabilitation Program
Reports to: The General Secretary
Location: Beit Sahour
To be appointed immediately
About the EJ-YMCA:
The East Jerusalem Young Men’s Christian Association (EJ-YMCA), is a Palestinian civil society organization, established in 1948, that is committed to empower the young people and their communities living in the conflicted areas of East Jerusalem and the West Bank, so they can make a better life based on social justice and peace. The EJ-YMCA believes in the power of youth, and seeks to unlock their potential by caring for the physical, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of their personal development, to become agents of positive change in their societies.
The EJ-YMCA is deeply rooted in the Palestinian society and runs a variety of programs based on local priorities in areas of: athletics, employment, rehabilitation, advocacy, youth participation, and women empowerment.
The EJ-YMCA is seeking to hire a Director for its Rehabilitation Program, to be responsible for leading the Rehabilitation Program and ensuring growth and sustainability. The Director post is based in Beit Sahour, however the Director is expected to travel to the different districts of the West Bank whenever deemed necessary to attend meetings, or participate in monitoring field visits to the Rehabilitation Program offices in the different districts of the West Bank.
The main tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the Rehabilitation Program.
- Oversee day-to-day Rehabilitation Program operations.
- Develop sound annual plans in close coordination with the General Secretary.
- Monitor deliverables of the Program and ensure implementation.
- Demonstrate good leadership and direct the program in terms of operations and staff.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of staff as well as departments under the Program to encourage good performance and values.
- Carry out fundraising efforts to sustain the existence of the program in close coordination with the General Secretary.
- In cooperation with the accounting department, prepare comprehensive program budgets as requested by the General Secretary.
- In cooperation with the accounting department, oversee the program’s financial accounts.
- Position will require travel abroad to represent the program in different forums
- Director expected to represent the organization in local forums among different stakeholders as necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential experiences and competencies:
- Master degree in an appropriate field (Social Sciences, business administration, cooperation and development, or relevant fields…).
- At least 10 years of professional experience at the level of senior management in related field such as community development, humanitarian aid, mental health or disability.
- Proven experience in raising funds and networking with the donor community.
- Extensive experience in financial management and budget oversight.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details, ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated, good leadership skills, demonstrate sound judgment and representation skills.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages, including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Integrity and strong identification with EJ-YMCA core values.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae by email to
no later than 31 August 2020 at 15:00. Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be called in for interviews.