The A.M. Qattan Foundation is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of Development Officer to work in its offices in Ramallah. Following is the description of this position:
Job Title: Development Officer
Job Type: Full time
Line of Responsibility: Director General
Work Location: Ramallah
Support Director General and programme directors in developing and following up on strategic directions for the Foundation’s strategic frameworks to optimize impact and learning in line with the Foundation’s vision and mission, with key and integral contribution to the development of the resource mobilization strategy, and leadership in its implementation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support in review and development of the Foundation’s strategic plans.
- Support in the development of the Foundation’s MEAL frameworks in cooperation with the DG, external consultants, and relevant staff.
- Key contribution in developing the Foundation’s resource mobilization and fundraising strategy.
Resource Development & Fundraising
- Design and deliver new approaches to fundraising.
- Research & follow up on fundraising opportunities.
- Write proposals and any fundraising related material in close cooperation with programme directors and teams
- Develop and upkeep donors’ database.
- Manage donors’ relations and compliance
- Active participation in current networks and active contribution to joining new ones.
- Participate with media in fundraising materials needed.
- Oversee information management, including needs assessments. preparation of situation analysis reports and concept papers to support the submission of proposals for funding.
- Develop M&E log frames for projects.
- Contribute to current programme effectiveness analysis, discussions, and suggestions of new or improved ideas to meet or exceed Foundation objectives and resource mobilization.
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Act as focal point for MEAL: maintaining tracking tools, ensuring timely submission of data/reports, working closely with lead staff on data and knowledge transfer and use, etc.
- Prepare and manage the Unit’s work plans & budgets (Fundraising & MEAL), in close coordination with the relevant staff.
- Prepare and present regular narrative and progress reports including those for the Foundation’s semi-annual, annual, and public reports.
- Conduct field visits with all potential donors and partners for projects’ sites and activities and represent the Foundation with donors and visitors.
- Participate in and represent the Foundation' current networks, and actively suggest new ones.
- Provide occasional support for the implementation of grants and projects when needed, which could include progress reporting, coordination, administrative tasks, etc.
- Provide internal training in areas of competence when needed.
- Support General Director with ad hoc tasks.
- Manage interns and support staff when needed.
- Any other work-related tasks.
- BA preferably in business/marketing/communication or equivalent professional/work experience
- At least five years of related work experience
- Proven track record of successful fundraising, with ability to proactively identify fundraising opportunities
- Sound experience and wide exposure to the education and culture sectors in Palestine and the region.
- Knowledge of development assistance and donor community in the Palestinian context
- Strong organizational skills & ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team.
Interested individuals should submit the application coupled with their CV and letter of interest using the following link:
Deadline for submitting applications is Thursday 23/06/2022. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews.