The East Jerusalem YMCA (referred to as EJ-YMCA) is a Christian not-for-profit non-governmental Palestinian Organization, established in 1948 and legally registered at the Palestinian Authority. The EJ-YMCA runs different programs including the Rehabilitation Program (EJYMCA-RP). Since 1989, the EJYMCA-RP has been operating all over the West Bank including East Jerusalem. It targets survivors of political violence and persons with disabilities, focusing on children, young people, within the age group of 6-25, and their caregivers. It follows a holistic approach to rendering a rehabilitative package for its beneficiaries. The EJYMCA-RP operates towards realizing its vision “Towards a free and democratic Palestinian society where persons with disability and survivors of political violence obtain equal rights and opportunities and a decent life free of all types of violence, oppression, discrimination, and violation of individual and national rights”.
The East-Jerusalem YMCA’s Rehabilitation Program is seeking to hire a “Development Coordinator” in its main office in Beit-Sahour.
- Develop a fundraising strategy that is reflective and in line with the East Jerusalem YMCA’s priorities and strategies, and the Rehabilitation Program’s mission, values, needs and capacity.
- Monitor arising and evolving funding and support trends and adapt the organizational fundraising plan in coordination with HQ as perceived necessary.
- Manage, maintain, and develop a database of current and potential donors to consolidate with the existing EJ_YMCA’s database.
- Design and submit grant applications to generate funds in coordination with the program director.
- Develop concept notes and funding proposals (including log frames and budgets), including timely follow-up on reporting needs and deadlines.
- Set and implement a comprehensive communication plan in alignment with the EJ-YMCA’s communication and marketing plan, that promotes the Rehabilitation Program’s image, mission, and strategic objectives among donors, to ensure adequate visibility and increase awareness of the Rehabilitation Program’s work.
- Collect and analyze background information on donor trends and priorities to consolidate with EJ-YMCA’s database, and support the preparation of donor requests, spot checks, reviews, and assessments.
- Conduct donor reporting and ensure submission of comprehensive and high-quality program reports, and their timely submission
- Support the program director in designing and leading program monitoring, evaluation, accountabililty and learning activities. Oversee the development and updating of the program monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure that the program meets its expected results, as well as its implementation to collect baseline and routine monitoring quantitative and qualitative data to track program performance and support the resource and advocacy unit and the decision-making process.
- Support the preparation of the program’s midyear reports, annual reports, and any other needed progress reports.
- In coordination with the program director, coordinates the annual planning process, program cycle planning, and budget preparation and revisions.
- Act as an editor, and proofreader, and lead writer in the program requests, brochures, and any produced material and perform a principal role to confirm all documents, proposals, reports submitted to donors are in full compliance with our desired image and professionalism.
- Participate and follow up any other tasks assigned by the Program director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas (Major in Communications, development, Business Administration, English literature is preferred) or proven experience at this level.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising.
- Proven experience in working with NGOs.
- Arabic mother tongue. Fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
- Excellent writing skills.
- High organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate and detailed–oriented personality.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and extra working hours when needed.
- Readiness to attend workshops and meetings related to the project all over the districts of the West Bank.
- Resident of Bethlehem District.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV no later than Wednesday 2nd November, 2022, through the following link ONLY: http://ej-ymca.org/rehab/en/jobs.