- Workstream 1: Support to expedite the movement of goods and reduce transaction costs
- Workstream 2: Support to improve Palestinian trade-related institutions and business enabling environment
- Workstream 3: Supposrt to improve the private sector’s skills and innovation to export and create jobs
- Workstream 4: Support to improve PA’s customs readiness to assume functions from Israel and revenues from trade-related taxes
- Jointly with other SMT members, lead the successful delivery of the TFCS project in line with the terms of reference; and client and beneficiary satisfaction.
- Support the Team Leader in stakeholder management (including Steering Committee, local government and private sector partners), leading selected relationships where appropriate. The DTL will work closely with the wider SMT in approaching technical donor communications, being the focal point for results and workplan discussions.
- The DTL is expected to represent the project in meetings with stakeholders, donors, grantees and steering committee meetings, particularly in the absence of the TL.
- Attend the Strategic Advisory Panel meetings, deputizing for the Team Leader where appropriate.
- Take a leading role in workstream management, undertaking quality assurance of project deliverables and providing technical advice where relevant. The DTL will be the focal point for workstream-level issues.
- This includes leading the mainstreaming of Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GESI) across the programme.
- Take a leading role in work planning and implementation monitoring across the programme, working with the Programme Manager and PMU to ensure high quality and timely achievement of TFCS objectives. The DTL will lead the recording and integration of lessons learnt into workplanning and active interventions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and final reports to FCDO, working with the Team Leader and Programme Manager to design and implement reporting processes.
- Work jointly with the SMT in developing and implementing risk management tools.
- Work closely with the SMT and PMU to develop technical reports to FCDO, managing inputs from Workstream Leads where required.
- The DTL is the lead expert in private sector development on the core project team and is expected to engage in market systems work and MSME engagement. The DTL is expected to mainstream market systems and private sector engagement across all workstreams.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions, including concept note drafting, planning and conducting any workshops and focus group meetings with organizations, partners and beneficiaries to share experiences and lessons learnt.
- Oversee results measurement, serving as the focal point for results and workplan discussions.
- The PMU will support the DTL in delivering results measurement. The DTL will provide support to the MEL team (Market Share Associates and the MEL Officer) in identifying baselines and monitoring the progress of implementation.
- The DTL will be expected to work closely with Market Share Associates (MEL partner) on the development and implementation of the MEL system.
- The DTL will use their role in stakeholder management to collect and record beneficiary feedback, integrating it into course correction on interventions.
- The DTL will convene internal project evaluation workshops as required, ensuring that lessons from all workstreams are shared, recorded, and integrating into the design of new or adapted interventions
- This role reports to the Team Leader.
- This role will work closely with the Senior Programme Manager and PMU on programme management, work planning, and M&E tasks.
- This role will manage a selected number of workstream leads (to be decided in conjunction with the Team Leader)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Skills and Professional Experience
- Degree/diploma in economics, trade, business administration, private sector development, international development or a related discipline
- At least 5-10 years professional experience with a minimum of 5 years professional experience working in a related field (e.g trade facilitation, trade policy, customs services, private sector economic development and market systems development).
- Experience with donor approaches to delivery, private sector development, monitoring and evaluation, market systems, gender and social inclusion is preferred.
- Familiarity with FCDO/FCO/DFID programmes is preferred.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social constraints in the Occupied Palestine Territories (OPTs), West Bank and Gaza.
- Experience with international donor reporting requirements is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills (reports, work plans, proposals).
- Strong managerial and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills (formal and informal) and ability to work in English and Arabic is required.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs with a cover letter clearly indicating the position name and explaining how they are qualified to fulfil the specified position requirements.
Complete applications must be sent by email at [email protected]
- Email Subject : Deputy Team Leader Position
- Immediate start date.
- Competitive salary
- The deadline for applications is January 4th, 2021.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this project, however only those shortlisted will be contacted