مؤسـسة أطباء بلا حدود- فرنسا
Employment Opportunity in JERUSALEM / GAZA
Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a
Deputy Medical Coordinator – new position!
Main Responsibilities of the position (non-exhaustive)
In this exciting and challenging role you will be responsible for any delegated tasks including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the Palestine mission, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. You will also fully assume the medical coordinator's responsibilities in case of absence, and ensure good relationships with local and national authorities.
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content / strategy of the MSF country policy, annual plan, and related budget, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk (provides institutional memory to medical team, develop regional work relations with Medical Liaison Officer, Telemedicine activities – Siilo & REACTs Platform, medical advocacy…)
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in managing staff health strategy including COVID 19 and issues, briefing for expatriate staff in Gaza, Jerusalem and Nablus, participating actively in the implementation of the national staff health Policy, and ensuring medical follow up of national staff members referred to Jerusalem.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator, supporting both Nablus and Gaza project in developing and implementing more meaningful patient oriented outcome monitoring indicators and accountability processes. Championing implementation of Electronic Medical Record in both Gaza and Nablus, drafting and following proposals for mission medical development including Gaza burns, developing analyses of monthly medical data.
- Representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country (participation in cluster meetings, with partners and MOH, and networking events)
- Leadership role in coordination of actors relevant to MSF France activities in Gaza
- Investing in COVID-proof learning and development and operational research strategy for Gaza and Nablus with Human Resources Coordinator and Medical Co
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Medical Doctor Diploma or equivalent in a related allied health.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role
Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
Experience in working in a developing country is an asset.
Eligibility to travel to our projects in West Bank and Gaza is desirable.
Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic. Hebrew & French skills are an asset
Competencies: Commitment to MSF principles & charter, strong negotiation skills; capability of working under pressure and a fast paced work environment
Documents to provide
- Cover letter in English (maximum 1 page)
- Updated CV in English (maximum 2 pages)
- Scan of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- Scan of your ID
Submit your application via Form Stack only: msfme-hr.formstack.com/forms/deputy_medical_coordinator before 29th of July 2020.