CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded The Pioneers-Raedat Activity in West Bank/Gaza. The proposed program will contribute to women’s empowerment by increasing women's access to leadership opportunities and enhancing the enabling environment to be more receptive for women's participation in civic, political, and economic decision making. This will be achieved through 1) enhancing women’s representation and leadership capabilities; 2) improving equitable and safe enabling environments for women; and 3) increasing the adoption of inclusive social norms and workplace rights.
The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical leadership and oversight of programmatic interventions to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and interventions generated under the Pioneers-Raedat Activity. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the activity. The DCOP will oversee the day-to-day operations and the staff’s quality of work and ensure delivery of tasks and meeting deadlines.
This activity is a five-year $35M program.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. National candidates are encouraged to apply. The DCOP may be hired by a partner in the CARE consortium.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee coordinated planning, implementation, and operations in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID, CARE and Government policies, laws, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate technical inputs on project activities. Hire and supervise technical staff, perform quality assessment and improvement, and ensure appropriate collaboration with partner project teams.
- Provide strategic guidance to the technical teams, ensure work plans are developed and budgeted appropriately, and implementation plans are tracked to deliver results and meet cost-share requirements.
- Manage and supervise the work of project team members, subcontractors, and expert consultants to achieve relevant project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation of designated activities.
- Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, continuous learning, adaptive feedback and management, and achievement of project goals in a cooperative, inclusive, and collegial atmosphere.
- Support the COP in all management aspects of the project and represent the program in the COP’s absence to key national, sub-national, and international partners.
- Contribute substantially to program planning and monitoring, management, and control systems and processes that ensure informed decision-making, any necessary course corrections, and timely implementation of program activities.
- Provide technical expertise across program activities aiming to support women in West Bank/Gaza with a range of sustainable opportunities, tools, and support systems.
- Facilitate work planning and activity design to increase women's access to leadership opportunities and enhance the enabling environment to be more receptive for women's participation in civic, political, and economic decision making.
- Build linkages with universities and the private sector and oversee private sector engagement strategy.
- Participate in donor and other implementing partners’ networking and coordination forums and activities including advocacy and dialogue.
- Serve as Acting COP in the absence of the COP including assuming primary communications with the Head Office support team and USAID.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in development or relevant social sciences areas.
· Minimum of four years’ experience in project management.
· Demonstrated expert technical knowledge in gender equality and female empowerment and leadership including skills development, mentorship and networking, gender-based violence, national and institutional level enabling environments for women’s participation, and promoting inclusive social norms.
· Excellent track record of achieving results in similar gender equality activities, demonstrated high level leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills.
· Experience working in positions that require excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and maintain effective working relationships with diverse sets of stakeholders.
· Extensive professional experience managing and implementing multi-component programs and demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff.
· Experience working in gender equality and female empowerment issues in the Middle East. West Bank and Gaza experience preferred.
· Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic language knowledge.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion.
· Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
· Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
Application Deadline: May 22, 2023