Job Title: Day-care Surgeries Project Officer
Reporting to: Senior Programmes Coordinator
Location: Gaza- Palestine
Contract period: 6 months
Starting Date: Based on Availability of Fund
Closing date: 23/03/2022
About Human Appeal UK
Human Appeal UK is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
This position will lead coordination and management of delivering day-care surguries to patients among postponed lists at MOH. He/she will prepare project tools, procurement actions and ensure proper implementation for the project including reporting to the line manager.
- Lead a process of identifying patients via teamwork different humanitarian needs related to the medical / surgery intervention or need, in Gaza strip
- Follow up on patients/ cases and do provide relevant management and referrals per need.
- Contribute to the technical assessment and awarding of technical services requested by service providers/vendors.
- Work with the procurement team to deliver quality tenders, price quotations according to Human Appeal policies and procedures.
- Assure day to day activities per project plan and timeline.
- Assure minimum risk during project implementation.
- Plan the project activities efficiently and effectively with service providers and patients.
- Provide quality regular and periodic reports (ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and end of the project reports) to the line manager.
- Assure project visibility applied during implementation
- Follow up budget within the line manager
- Participate actively on behalf of Human Appeal in the health cluster.
- Oversight of all humanitarian need from planning to completion including field visit and supervision
- Prepare support documents and succeed stores
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree required in medicine or nursing or any relevant field of expertise.
- Minimum total 4 years of experience working on humanitarian projects ideal with INGOs
- Fully aware of MOH’s systems.
- Fluency in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and new systems.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- English Fluency oral & written
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
- Ability to accurately prepare written correspondence, effective and professional across languages and communicate with other stakeholders.
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.