Job Title: Database Technical Officer
Country & Base of posting: Occupied Palestinian territory /Nablus
Contract duration: December 31, 2023 (with the possibility of renewal)
Starting Date: April 01, 2023
Première Urgence Internationale is a French non-profit, non-political, non-religious non-governmental international organization (NGO); which has been operational in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002.
PUI is operating in the West Bank, including East Jerusalemand Gaza Strip. The organization is working in different fields such as shelter, Food security and livelihoods, Agriculture, Heritage, Economic recovery and Cultural Heritage.
PUI’s humanitarian and development aid strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of international humanitarian/human rights law in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combines several sectors of intervention to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacement of populations as a consequence of protection threats, addresses the lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and the lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
Under the responsibility of the West Bank Protection Consortium Project Manager (WBPC PM) at PUI, the Database Technical Field Officer Role is centered on following up the operations department databases, as well as to provide technical support to the operations department at different levels as detailed below.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. In charge of all database sheets (emergency response, protective measures, short-term livelihood support, operations financial follow up), by updating and cleaning them on a daily basis.
- Keep the databases cleaned, cleared, and updated;
- Ensure that the databases are updated based on the work need, and coordinate with the MEAL department for any request on updating the templates to meet future updates;
- Share monthly figures about the conducted deep assessment (DAs) and provided emergency Responses (ERs) with the WBPC Project Manager, & MEAL Manager;
- Make sure all conducted assessments are filled properly on the DA database;
- make sure all provided responses are inserted into the Responses database on time;
- Anticipate and alert the WBPC Project Manager in case of delays to respond to emergencies;
- Ensure that PUI Data Protection protocols are respected for all sensitive data related to beneficiaries;
- Update the OFU on regular basis and as needed.
2. In charge of the preparation of cash payments to beneficiaries for the operations department, in close collaboration with the technical officers and the admin/finance department.
- In charge of preparing cash assistance requests including all necessary documentation;
- In charge of providing all required supporting documents in due time to the finance department to prepare the payment for beneficiaries.
3. In charge of archiving the operational files.
- Supervise the compilation, cleaning, coding and archiving of all documentation related to the provided assistance, both in physical and digital form, in accordance with security and data protection protocols;
- Actively contribute to audit or spot-check exercises, both internal or external, by providing the required archived documents in due time.
4. In charge of preparing and consolidating incident reports
- Provide quality and timely first drafts of incidents reports related to operations, notably regarding loss or destruction of humanitarian assistance provided by PUI to beneficiaries;
- Cross-check the information needed for the incidents reports with the operations team and through field visits if needed;
- Consolidate feedback from PM, Field Coordinator (FCO), field teams or Coordination team on incidents reports and produce finalized clean versions of the reports;
- Ensure the reports are properly archived at base level and remain available for future consultation;
Coordinate with other WBPC partners to fill out the incident reports related to structures provided by them.
5. Support in other tasks for the operations department as needed and relevant, notably for the conduct of technical deep assessments, and for follow up implementation and delivery of ongoing projects.
- Conducting field visits in order to evaluate the feasibility and the technical specifications (etc.) of the potential emergency / protective responses identified that are related to the construction and agricultural fields;
- Cross-check the collected information from different sources (CEWs, VCs, suppliers, affected persons/representatives, CWRC or other relevant consortium partners or stakeholders);
- Under the supervision of the PM and/or FCO, conduct risk assessments for proposed responses, including the formulation of recommendations for material delivery and installation;
- Update the deep assessments with the technical specifications and budget according to the ongoing purchasing contracts & update the database accordingly;
- Alongside the project and MEAL teams, participate in conducting Focus Groups Discussion (FGDs) with affected groups to identify the protective measures to be implemented over the WB, and provide concrete recommendations on those;
- Take an active part and provide constructive inputs in the emergency and protective responses selection committees;
- In coordination with the community engagement and advocacy officer, report the implemented responses on OCHA system PoC;
- After the validation of the response, request materials from the Logistics Department, coordinating with the supplier in cooperation with the Logistic Assistant, and follow up on the delivery of the material;
- Supervise the timely delivery of the material in compliance with the bill of quantities (quantity and quality check);
- Coordinate the delivery & installation of the material with the community, affected persons, suppliers and the Consortium Partners.
- In coordination with the Admin/Finance Assistant, prepare the required documents for the delivery process to beneficiaries/local entities such as donation certificates, MoU, etc.
- Contribute to or supervise other tasks in support to operations department as requested and needed (contribute to translations, data analysis and reporting, drafting or updating of project documents or reports, archiving of files, etc.).
West Bank Protection Consortium Project Manager.
WORKS IN COORDINATION WITH
- WB Field Coordinator
- Operation Team
- Partners Field Officers
- M&E Department
- Logistics Assistant
- Administrative/Finance Assistant
This position is based in PUI’s office in Nablus base with in average 80% of the working time spent in the office. Travel to the whole of the West Bank is expected to support the field team operations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree preferably in the field of Engineering, Agriculture studies, ,social sciences, business, data analysis, humanitarian studies, development studies or any relevant studies
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in related fields Project
- Very good computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and the Internet.
- Experience in managing electronic data collection tools such as Kobo, ODK.
- Valid and clean driving license.
- Very good knowledge of the West Bank communities and ability of movement in the field
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Professionalism, presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Sense of diplomacy
- Dynamic team player
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please fill in the form in the link below:
In addition, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before March 18, 2023, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title "Database Technical Officer" in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.