Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
COUNSELOR EDUCATOR- Gaza Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Gaza Project (MSF-France) intends to offer comprehensive care with medical services, physiotherapy, nursing care, pain management and psychosocial support to trauma and burn patients in pre-operative and post-operative stages after orthopedic or plastic surgery. The role of the Counsellor will be to Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
Place of work: MSF Clinics (mainly Khan Yunis Clinic) / Nasser hospital
Starting date: 02/01/2022
No of Jobs: 1
Working Hours: from Sunday to Thursday 08:00-16:30
Contract Duration: 6 months contract (with 3 months’ probation period) - possibility of renewal.
Required Travel: No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza can be requested based on operational need.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Counsellor in Out Patient Departments and In Patient Department :
- Assess and follow only the patients integrated in OPDs and IPDs and who consented for counselling services during their period of care in MSF facilities.
- work in close collaboration with any medical team member to ensure the patient understands properly the medical treatment plan
- identify and communicate to the manager and the Medical team when a patient is a high-risk patient
- participate in clinical discussions
- support the patient by attending the physio, nursing or medical sessions when needed
- participate in any activities to develop awareness about the importance of Counselling in rehabilitation and early rehabilitation for burn and trauma patients
- work in close collaboration with the Social Workers
- Understand the importance of the pluridisciplinary work.
- Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning structure and values (charter).
- Respect medical privacy and confidential environment
- Available for emergencies
- Provide counselling to patients (and family/caretakers when needed) to support the patient to cope with their situation and treatment
- Provide follow-up sessions with consistency to meet the goals of the counselling treatment plan
- Support patient’s compliance with the medical treatment and encourage the patient to become an active actor in his/her own recovery.
- Understand the impact of the social stressors in the patient’s compliance and mental health and adapt the counselling support accordingly.
- Provide individual counselling to support the impact of the injury on the patient’s mental health : acceptance, perception and condition.
- Refer patient with social needs to social worker
- Identify patient to refer to external mental health actors
- Discuss cases with Patient Support team members to ensure the quality of care to the patient
- Support identified vulnerable cases and create an conditions for them to express their difficulties.
- Express any difficulties encountered during counselling sessions with a patient in order to get extra support from the line manager
- Follow all the trainings and supervisions process offered by the manager or by MSF.
- Understand, adhere and follow the fundamental principals of the Code of Professional Conduct of Mental Health Professionals provided by MSF
- Follow MSF protocols to keep the files confidential
- Ensure reporting about activities and proper data collection according to MSF’s requirements.
-To ensure the confidentiality of the beneficiaries.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A. Clinical Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or another similar degree/diploma.
- 1-year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable -Preferably technical English
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter both in English, Diploma and Certifications attached, deadline for the applications is 11th December 2021 at 4:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘COUNSELOR EDUCATOR- Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID