COUNSELOR - Nablus - Covid Project
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking a COUNSELOR for its Covid Project in Nablus.
Type of contract : Fixed term contract 3 months
Activity rate : Full time
Wished start date : As soon as possible
The MSF Covid-Project is an emergency COVID response supporting the MOH in the IPD and ICU wards of PRCS Covid Hospital.
In this context, MSF is seeking a Counselor whose role is to provide mental health support to the COVID patient and their caretakers in the hospital and possibly outpatients as part of an outreach team.
The Counselor will work in a multidisciplinary team (MDs, Nurses) to:
- Contribute to work in interdisciplinary team (Doctors, nurses, physio, etc.) participating on medical round/nurses handover, etc.
- Provide counselling session to the patients (individual session only)
- Provide counselling session to the caretakers (individual and family sessions when needed)
- Inform the nurses/doctors when patient or caretaker is having medical questions
- Provide basic mental health support and psychological first aid to the patients and their caretakers
- Facilitate and support communication between doctors and patients’ families, in particular when discussing distressing information and prognosis
- Participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of activities
- Collect data about sessions and counselling activities & assist in the preparation of the monthly analysis of MH data according to the clinical job
- Take active part in individual and group supervision with MH Nablus team
- Provide counselling to HWs and refer to MSF Nablus MH service, if needed
- Follow Infection Prevention Control measures and all the MSF protocols in the workplace.
- Take part on Outreach activities required by the project and based on the needs identified
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential (files, data)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education: Counseling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
- Experience: 2 years of experience is essential; previous experience on counselling for COVID patient and experience with NGO are desirable
- Languages: Arabic and good command of English
- Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
Interested candidates must apply by submitting their:
- Updated CV in English (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter in English (max 1 page)
- Scan of national ID card
- Scan of their diplomas
Via this link on Formstack
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 7 April 2021