CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Counsellor is under the Protection and Orphans Welfare Projects Manager, responsible for detecting cases, providing psychological support to and case management among sponsored orphans and their guardians. He/she will be responsible to:
- Provide individual consultation for detected orphans and their guardians;
- Conduct home visit for detected cases;
- Carry out initial and comprehensive assessment for detected cases;
- Create individual plan / treatment plans for cases and follow them up with other stakeholders;
- Conduct psychosocial awareness sessions for targeted groups within the family if needed;
- Fill and use case management forms;
- Refer detected cases according to Standard Operating Procedures SOPs - child protection referral pathway;
- Use the case management electronic system based in Ministry of Social Development;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Psychology, Sociology or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years extensive experiences in counselling and case management services;
- Good knowledge in the electronic system for case management of Ministry of Social Development;
- Good knowledge of referral SOPs and active referral pathways.
- Very good communication skills and flexibility;
- Very good in writing reports skills in Arabic and English;
- Ability to conduct field assessment visits;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail).
Taking initiative, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and confidentiality towards the cases’ information, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: Until 31.12.2019
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Counsellor: (Ref #: 2019/04/COU)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 2nd May 2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer