Job title: Coordinator for need assessment – Gaza
Project: “RISE UP – Strengthening inclusive mechanisms for preventing and mitigating Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Palestine” (AID11264/COSPE/AREAC_SDG/4)
Implementing organization: EducAid, COSPE.
Contract Duration: 5 months (April-August 2019 included).
Project Summary: The project intervenes in Area C of West Bank and Gaza Strip and has the general objective of increasing the level of protection of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and women victims of violence. By empowering the local Disable People Organizations (DPOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs), the project aims at promoting the rights of persons with disabilities – and in particular women with disabilities (WWDs) – in order to increase their resilience in emergency situation. In order to do so, EducAid has been implementing peer counselling activities for PwDs in the Hebron region and Gaza strip. Through an innovative methodology, the peer counsellors trained by EducAid will provide PwDs with psychosocial support and contribute to the socio-economic empowerment of PwDs.
Working closely with all the EducAid team in Gaza and under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Coordinator for the Need Assessment will be in charge of conducting a study on the accessibility of services, the level of inclusion and the methods of protection to victims of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in the Gaza region.
Tasks and responsibilities:
1. Supporting the Project Manager in the implementation and monitoring project activities;
2. Participating in meetings with local stakeholders involved in the need assessment activity, in particular UNFPA and the GBV Sub-Cluster;
3. Organizing consultations and coordination meetings with EducAid's partners;
4. In close cooperation with the Project Manager and the experts on gender and disabilities, creating the tools for gathering data and assessing the needs;
5. Conducting focus group with the assessment's targets;
6. Supporting and supervising the peer counselors on data collection;
7. Coordinating different stakeholders (among which RIDS – Rete Italiana Disabilita' e
Sviluppo, la Casa Internazionale della Donna di Pisa, etc.) and experts;
8. Collecting all the relevant data and reporting to the Project Manager;
9. Analysing the gathered data as well as all the need relevant information required for
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Working experience and skills
- University degree in social sciences or similar;
- At least 2 years working with NGOs and/or in the social field (on disability, GBV,
- Experience implementing research activities and/or assessments and/or baseline,
preferably on gender issues and/or rights of persons with disabilities;
- Experience managing a small team (4-5 people);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Good attitude to teamwork and excellent ability to manage relations with stakeholders;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to adapt to difficult contexts;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Working experience: at least 3 years.
- Very good level of English (written and spoken) is mandatory;
- Native knowledge of Arabic;
- The knowledge of Italian will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants must include (a) A curriculum vitae (in English) and (b) a cover letter
explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to [email protected] mentioning in the subject
Coordinator for need assessment to the attention of Mr Alessandro Di Renzo, no later than
March 23rd, 2019.