Open for local and internationals candidates
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Background- WFP Palestine Country Office
Over the past five years, socioeconomic conditions in the State of Palestine have deteriorated and a protracted protection and humanitarian crisis has undermined the food security of millions of Palestinians. 1.8 million people are food insecure across Palestine and the aid dependency ratio is increasing. Rising inflation, linked to the COVID-19 pandemic and now also spurred by the Global Food Crisis, has contributed to reductions in the purchasing power of Palestinians and increased food insecurity. For Palestinians engaged in agriculture and herding, climate-related obstacles, including droughts and rising temperatures, increasingly impede productivity.
Building on the strengths of its 2018-2022 country strategic plan, WFP Palestine’s new plan for 2023–2028 will address the needs of Palestinian communities through a humanitarian‑development–peace nexus approach, responding to immediate humanitarian needs and simultaneously addressing longstanding socioeconomic vulnerability.
While food assistance, through cash-based transfers and in-kind food to meet essential needs, remains WFP’s largest activity, this will be complemented by livelihood and resilience building interventions to address issues of poverty and poor labour-force participation, which have been identified as one of the key drivers of poor access to food, and to strengthen resistance to shocks. Nutrition integration will be integrated throughout the programme, to address immediate and underlying causes of micronutrient deficiencies.
WFP Palestine has demonstrated longstanding commitment and contribution to the strengthening of capacity at the national level, through strategic partnerships with various government line ministries, to enhance the consideration of food security, shock-responsiveness and nutrition-sensitivity in national systems, programmes, policies and plans. WFP is engaged in joint programming and implementation with other United Nations agencies. Under the new CSP, WFP is expanding its enabling services – in the form of a CBT platform, CFM, logs sector – to continue supporting the wider humanitarian community to achieve collective outcomes and continue supporting the people we serve.
Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of Country Director or his delegate. With minimum supervision, the holder will support the CO Senior Management (CD and DCD) to effectively deliver WFP programs and activities in Palestine CO by supporting the Management Office activities and its multiple engagements; preparing reporting and high-level correspondences with stakeholders.
Within the delegated authority, Coordination & Reporting and Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure prioritized and coherent overview of critical and strategic activities enabling efficient and effective management of partnership with defined donors and counterparts.
- Maintain contextual progress of the implementation of the strategy for the Senior Management on all activities related to donors’ relations portfolio.
- Oversee collaborative engagement with relevant partners in WFP COs, RBs, and HQ with regards to following up on issues and priorities and decision making for the CO senior management
- Maintain and coordinate the meetings with inter-agency, government for the CO Senior Management ensuring continuity of implementation for critical actions
- Coordinate the internal relation, close linkage, and information sharing for the CO Management with CO functional divisions to facilitate decision and consistent messaging.
- Responsible of coordination of inputs and information management across the units and filed office of the Country Office
- Responsible of the development of background documents, talking points, briefs for the Senior Management.
- Responsible of the development of correspondences, notes-to-file, notes-for-records, speeches, report and presentations to support the CO Senior Management in high-level engagement related to Palestine CO.
- Coordinate and priorities’ the logistical organization of the offices’ activities and engagements, ensuring adequate communications and alignment by all internal offices.
- Help to Manage the management’s time, calendar and daily action follow up
- Supervision of technical assistants, if applicable
- Perform other duties as required
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Development, Economic Development, Marketing Communication or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional 5 years of related work experience or training/courses.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of postgraduate professional experience related to relief or development environment.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language (read and write) and Arabic (duty station’s language)
Knowledge & Skills
Good analytical ability to compile, maintain and Analyze proposals, data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work
- Experience in drafting resourcing analysis and collaborating accurate and timely briefs and reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Good command of Project management skills and capacity to organize multiple office activities under tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, ability to give and receive information, and work with a variety of individuals.
- Dynamic, versatile, and flexible working behavior
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change: Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture: Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios).
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive: Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning.
- Build strong external partnerships: Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This vacancy is open for all candidates locals and internationals.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
By CoB of 07th February 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Application guidelines for external candidates
- To view the job description and apply to a position, please follow the link next to ‘External candidates’
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Click on ‘Create an account
- Create a CV an upload online
Duty Station East Jerusalem
Position Title Coordination and Reports Officer
Contract type CST
VA # 301846
VA open for
Internal Link for WFP Internal candidate
External Link for WFP External candidate