Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
LOCATION: Based in Jerusalem with frequent travelling to West Bank and Gaza, the successful candidate must prove the ability to travel among these locations
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of Country Manager (CM), the Context officer is in charge of context monitoring and analysis, liaison with the relevant actors, and support to security management in Palestine with a special attention to the Gaza Strip. A high professional sense of security and confidentiality is mandatory
- Context monitoring & analysis
- Ensure the monitoring of the security context and incidents in close coordination with the Country Manager and Field coordinator and the relevant stakeholders in HI areas of interventions, including systematic and immediate reporting of information that can have an incidence on HI operations and staff’s safety to the Country Manager and field coordinator
- Lead context and security assessments for new areas of intervention as requested and complete the context assessment form
- Lead road assessments and complete the road assessment form and the road catalogue
- Collect information, develop local contacts and prepare drafts of Road catalogue for the preparation of assessment visits
- Provide geographical and access information related to security environment, incidents and/or threats as requested
- Provide weekly updates to HI teams during weekly management meetings
- Provide recommendation based on context monitoring and analysis regarding relevant measures to be taken accordingly
- Security Management
- Contribute to the periodic review and update of the security plan of all basis, including but not limited to: risk analysis, movements and tracking SOP, security and safety of staff protocols, evacuation/contingency plans, incident management.
- Develop and implement any relevant security and safety tools needed for the effective implementation of the security plan.
- Support the implementation of the security plan.
- Monitor and report to the Country Manager any gaps in security management, incidents/threats and breach of security rules by field staff.
- Support and ensure continuous understanding of, and compliance with, Security and Safety procedures of the field staff, in close coordination with the managers.
- Support the Field Coordinator and Logistics Officer in validating the field teams movements
- Act as one of the focal points for tracking movements during working hours (including movement in/out Gaza Strip in coordination with the Logistics Manager).
- Control the provision and the maintenance of all required safety and security material for office, guest house and cars (including first aid kits, hibernation kits, car’s equipment, visibility, etc.).
- Provide information, awareness and/or trainings to the staff on the safety and security topics identified with the Field Coordinator in Gaza and West bank.
- Conduct security’ premises assessments when requested (for office, guest house, others)
- Internal Coordination & Background check
- For all recruitments, support a context check for applicants & provide a feedback and recommendations prior to the recruitment confirmation.
- Contribute to the security mainstreaming by closely coordinating with all departments (Admin, Log, Finance and Program) as necessary.
- Stay updated on the all ongoing developments of the office and programs, in particular recruitment, tenders and new premises and advice on risk and/or security situation which HI could face.
- Network, coordination & external representation
- Under the supervision of the country manager and supporting Field Coordinators, develop and maintain relevant relationships with key and relevant actors related to security to crosscheck information.
- Develop and maintain strong network with INGO and UN context officers / liaison officers in the areas of intervention.
- Support the administration in archiving letters of approval of local authorities and stakeholders.
- Upon request of the country manager, attend and represent HI in external meetings related to security management.
- Support HR in Identifying potential centres providing safety and security to training to HI staff.
- Conduct, when requested, assessment of local implementing partners’ capacities of security management and provide advice during emergencies.
- Support process of visa for expatriate, provide guidance on behaviour with all relevant authorities and stakeholders
- Participate to the process of liaison with all relevant stakeholder to facilitate staff movement in the country
- Provide daily information about major security/context events of the day and disseminate them among HI teams, when relevant.
- Write weekly reports compiling the major events and related analysis and trend to the country manager.
- Collect information on security incidents and prepare drafts of Security Incident Reports.
- Immediately report to the country manager any breach of security rules by HI teams or possible issues or Humanity & Inclusion in its areas of intervention.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Fluent in Arabic and English, good working knowledge of Hebrew
- Good organizational skills
- Good oral, written communication skills
- Good negotiation and influence skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver training
- Proficient computer and analytical skills
- Time Management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as risk management, safety and security management, international relation or political science.
- Previous experience of 3-5 Years in a similar position in INGO
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial network
- Good knowledge of the oPt and Israeli internal organization
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year renewable upon availability of funds.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : From 7,851 ILS to 8,165 ILS based on experience
المسمى الوظيفي Context Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Jul - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب 7,851 ILS to 8,165 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before 25th of July 2020 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Context Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail applacation. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Previuos applicants who have already applied need not apply to this vacancy.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Emergency Preparedness and Response Technical Officer
Rehabilitation Technical Officer
Gender National Technical Advisor
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
25, Nov, 2019
Rehabilitation Technical Officer
19, Nov, 2019