Assessment of the Vegetables Central Markets in the Gaza Strip
Tender Number: G.FS.OXFAM.PTIB39.061.2017
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
The objective of the consultancy is to is to conduct-in depth assessment of the vegetables central markets across the Gaza Strip; addressing the infrastructure of central markets, operating mechanisms and the set of policies, national laws, cultural or social norms, if any, that regulate the marketing and pricing process and the value chain actor’s relations within the central markets.
To achieve this, MA’AN seeks to contract a qualified consultant firm with the following minimum qualifications :
- A high degree in economics, agribusiness, business development or any related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience working on range of policy issues in the agriculture sector
- Deep knowledge of advocacy and campaigning tools, preferably in a development context
- Evidence of having generated quality reports or published studies in the relevant field
- Knowledge of business environment in Gaza Strip is a must.
Interested consultant from both WB & GS should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office in West Bank & Gaza strip from 29TH November 2017 – 10TH December 2017 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 10th December,2017 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) and in Ramallah office Palestine (Al Maysoun (supermarket bravo building, 5th floor), Tel 02-295-4451
The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , and all costs must include Zero Vat invoice if the service provider is a firm or authorized registered dealer.