Assessment of the current national regulatory regime of the quality standards within the fresh and processed fruits and vegetables sectors in the Gaza Strip
Tender Number: G.FS.OXFAM.PTIB39.060.2017
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
The objective of the consultancy is to conduct an in-depth assessment to identify the gaps in the current national regulatory regime of the quality standards within the fresh and processed fruits and vegetables sectors in the Gaza Strip.
To achieve this, MA’AN seeks to contract a qualified consultant firm with the following minimum qualifications :
- A high degree in economics, agribusiness, business development or any related field;
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience working in agri-chains and market assessments;
- Evidence of having generated quality reports or published studies in the relevant field;
- Proven experience working on range of policy issues in the agriculture sector;
- Deep knowledge of advocacy & campaigning tools preferably in development contexts.
- Knowledge of business environment in Gaza Strip is a must;
- Knowledge of regional/global markets and exportation procedures is a must;
- Proven experience in agriculture sector. Potatoes value chain will be an advantage.
Interested consultant from both WB & GS should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office in West Bank & Gaza strip from 14th November 2017 – 22nd November 2017 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 23rd November,2017 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) and in Ramallah office Palestine (Al Maysoun (supermarket bravo building, 5th floor), Tel 02-295-4451
The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , and all costs must include Zero Vat invoice if the service provider is a firm or authorized registered dealer.