Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Consortium MEAL Lead
For 18 months commencing upon the signature of the project contract
The Consortium MEAL Lead is responsible to manage the MEAL plan and activities of the consortium led by Action Against Hunger and including 3 Palestinian partners. S/he will lead the design of all M&E activity and ensure that project indicators are followed with solid and relevant methods. S/he will facilitate discussion within the MEAL Committee and provide technical support as required by the consortium members. S/he will compile information on progress and indicators’ achievement. S/he will encourage the use of feedback and complaints mechanism (FCM) within each partner’s structure and support the efforts of information sharing with communities. S/he will encourage learning.
Objective 1: Lead & Coordinate MEAL efforts of the consortium.
- Develop the MEAL Plan for the project in collaboration with the partners.
- Design or co-Design with the partners Monitoring & Evaluation ToR, methods, and tools.
- Propose harmonization of terminologies, right holders’ database, beneficiary counting method, indicators, and method of measurements between partners when relevant.
- Support partners in training their enumerators and staff in charge of data collection for M&E purposes.
- Provide technical support and organize trainings on MEAL topics to partners.
- Undertake monitoring field visits to the different project components and participate to data collection as relevant considering the capacities of each partner.
- Organize with the technical teams and MEAL committee learning events including a mid-project review and produce relevant reports.
- Develop and encourage accountability initiatives such as information sessions, use of feedback and complaints mechanisms etc.
- Organize and chair the MEAL committee meetings, identify topics for the agenda and produce minutes.
- Maintain and share up to date the MEAL Tracker with all main data related to the project.
Objective 2: Reporting & Analysis
- Analyze data collection by the consortium as necessary (from feedback sessions, FGD etc.)
- Compile analysis collected and/or produced by partners such as baseline and end line.
- Support the drafting or review of M&E reports (baseline, end line, PDM) as required by partners.
- Ensure information related to MEAL (regarding FCM, indicators follow up, reports etc.) are shared between all partners.
- Compile the M&E information for donors’ report in relevant templates.
- Produce dashboard on the consortium achievements in collaboration with the Consortium Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, economics, project management, social sciences, or international relations.
- Master’s Degree in related field, a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Strong technical knowledge on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Strong capacities of data analysis.
- Reporting & Writing Skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience in humanitarian or development sector.
- At least 4 years’ experience in MEAL.
- Previous experience of working with partners preferred.
- Previous experience in Livelihoods and Economic development projects a plus.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and standards.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- ODK and/or KOBO.
- Power BI, SPSS and experience in analytical software a plus.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 15th of October 2021
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.