PUI oPt has been working on protection programs for a few years and has accumulated a lot of operational experience overtime and has positioned itself within the international community as a key player in this field. Since 2015, PUI is part of a consortium of 5 INGOs working against forcible transfer in the West Bank. Each agency contributes in a different way towards the consortium integrated protection approach. The Consortium generates a lot of information either collectively or at agency level. Such information can be policy papers, assessments, reports, fact sheets, maps, databases, statistics, etc.
The Data Analyst position is placed within PUI and serves all 5 Consortium partners in an equal manner.
Consortium partners aim at strengthening their analytical capacity and deliverables. Indeed, in close collaboration with the partners, the Consortium Secretariat (CS), the Consortium Management Unit (CMU) and the Consortium Advocacy Working Group (AWG), the DA looks at the information generated by agencies individually and/or collectively in order to determine how to best shape this information in a way that is useful to all.
Specific objectives and fields of responsibility
Specific objectives and responsibilities
1. Chairing and Coordinating The Meal Task Force Of The Consortium
2. Managing and Improving the IMS in place and running at Consortium level allowing for further processing and analysis of data
3. Working with each key group of the consortium (AWG, CMU, SC, and CS) to identify, extract and formalize the information they need from the available data
5. Engaging with external stakeholders generating data such as ocha, clusters, etc
Three main expected achievements
The position does not require supervising any staff. However, it will require a substantial amount of coordination:
- Degree in social and human sciences or Statistics, and a background in research methods.
- Previous experience in Research/assessments and/or Monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in designing M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems and/or evaluations) Data processing and analysis: Data cleaning and munging & Data visualization and reporting techniques
- Analyzing quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Strong and proven capacity in diplomatically working among an integrated multi-cultural project team
- Excellent command in writing and speaking English
- Good command in Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook, PowerPoint Statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, R or alike)
- Knowledge of GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS or alike) SQL databases and database querying languages Info graphic design skills (suit Adobe, etc) is an asset.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to [email protected] no later than 20-06-2018, please make sure to include the position name in the e-mail subject.