Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For 18 months commencing upon signature of the project contract
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip through a consortium of four partners, the Compliance officer will support the compliance work of the consortium to guarantee a smooth implementation and closing process. The main role of the Compliance officer is to ensure a quality management of the EU grant and to support the Consortium Partnership Manager to develop and keep up to date the compliance framework of the consortium to mitigate any compliance risk identified before or during the implementation. To provide support in accordance with donor’s and Action Against Hunger ‘s rules and regulations.
Objective 1 : EU Grant management
- Ensure Action Against Hunger departments and partners understand donor and Action Against Hunger requirements and remain available and responsive for all questions and support.
- Facilitate the training on EU rules of all technical, procurement and financial staff involved within the teams of the consortium members.
- Contribute to oversight of implementation of program and operational activities in alignment with agreed work plan, and donor requirements to ensure accurate fulfilment of grant.
- Support and maintain positive relations and communication with local partners.
- Organize periodical meetings with partners on topics related to compliance and reporting.
- Identify and follow up activities with high risk of non-compliance.
- Support to address and solve in a timely manner compliance matter in coordination with the Consortium Partnership Coordinator.
- Support in the preparation/updating of Memorandums of Understanding (MoU), Collaboration Agreements, Letters of Understanding, or other legal document used to formalize the financing contracts between AAH and partners.
- Execute spot checks planned within the scope of the contracts signed between Action Against Hunger and each of the consortium members.
- Support the compilation of any narrative report or document requiring inputs from Action Against Hunger and/or all partners.
- Implement the steps of the Partnership protocol of Action Against Hunger.
- Ensure that all necessary original documents are correctly archived at the Base by the technical teams through regular checks.
- Execute those tasks inherent to the position that are requested according to the context and needs of the base and / or the mission.
Objective 2: Support to Action Against Hunger department in the management of the PEOPLE Program
- Draw up action plans together with the different functional HQ departments involved.
- Support the partners to identify any gap in archiving systems and to enforce any necessary archiving.
- Execute spot checks to ensure procurement processes are correctly implemented.
- Execute spot checks to ensure proper archiving (technical archives, supply files and invoices) systems are in place within each of the consortium members and support on it as relevant.
- Assist Action Against Hunger support and technical departments in any procedure necessary for the implementation of the process (VAT exemption request etc.).
- Support the Administrative team in the preparation of internal and external financial audits with the supervision of the Admin/Finance Manager.
- Ensure that all supporting documents in the files are valid, completed and correctly organized.
- Participate in the capitalization process of the final products that are generated from the project (e.g., manuals, guides, etc.).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s in law, Economics, Political Science, and International Relations.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in humanitarian sector related to HR, finance, purchasing, Logs, IT, and programming procedures. Desirable previous experience in auditing.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of rules and regulations of large donors such as EU, ECHO, USAID/BHA will be valued positively.
- Experience in internal control and internal audit or similar discipline.
- Experience in cash transfer programs related to non-profit organizations will be highly valued and in local partners management.
- Basic knowledge of regulations, characteristics, and requirements of donors and / or international cooperation agencies, knowledge of project cycle management, data protection and compliance.
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Detail oriented, capacity to be precise and avoid errors.
- Experience working with multiple teams and more than one focal point.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive with ability to foresee problems and prevent them from taking actions.
- Knowledge in document and archiving management.
- Basic knowledge of Palestinian labour, tax and accounting legislation treasury, accounting, and procurement management.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Arabic and high level in English.
- Very good knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Teams.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to the 20th of December 2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.