Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports To: Operations Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and the West Bank. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is preparing to launch a large-scale, multi-year project designed to strengthen civil society organizations (CSOs) in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The project will support CSOs to (a) strengthen transparency, accountability, responsiveness, and internal systems and processes, (b) increase inclusion and participation of vulnerable groups, and (c) implement projects that address social and economic development needs and encourage greater civic participation. This highly skilled team is committed to inclusion and participation and brings a depth of experience in accompaniment and capacity building of CSOs.
The Compliance Officer will assist the Operations Manager in focus on the compliance specific to USAID rules and regulation; this includes preparing Partner Information Forms, assisting in the vetting processes. S/he will also work with the Operations Manager to prepare and submit monthly USAID Sub-Award Reports. Additionally, the Compliance Officer will raise the partner’s awareness on the various areas of USAID policies and procedures compliance requirement
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure project compliance with USAID Mission Order 21 and, USAID Policies and USAID/WBG mission orders and Implementing Partner’s notices.
- Collects necessary information to support the vetting process for CRS Sub recipients, trainees, and vendors.
- Ensure the collection of all required information and documentation for developing accurate agreements with Sub-recipients.
- Submits necessary information to USAID and assist in managing the monthly sub award report.
- Provide support to CRS Sub recipients to ensure compliance with CRS and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain paper and electronic records of vetting for grant and procurement activities. Collaborate with procurement and project staff to track use of vendors and alert project staff to required vetting of new organizations, companies, or individuals.
- Maintain up-to-date vetting tracking sheet.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant Bachelor’s strongly preferred. Accounting and other relevant certification(s) a plus.
- At least three years’ experience in compliance, procurement, contracting and audit.
- Familiarity with USAID Rules and Regulations, including, and Mission Order 21.
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management (e.g., COSO, ISO, COBIT)
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel Required: regular travel within Jerusalem and the West Bank required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
- Ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Experience with USAID-funded program in the West Bank
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, project team, MEAL Manager, MEAL Technical Advisor, and operations staff (e.g. Admin, ICT, Procurement, Finance, Security) and other staff and consultants dedicated to the project.
External: CSOs, community members and other stakeholders in the West Bank
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي Compliance Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Oct - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Field Officer (Livelihoods)
Livelihoods Project Manager
Family Engagement Specialist (Social Worker)
Chief of Party
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, بيت ل...
Supply Chain Monitor / Biomedical Engineer
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Human Resource Manager
قطاع غزة, القدس
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة