Position: Compliance & Admin Assistant
Duty Station: Ramallah- West Bank
Contract duration: December 31, 2023 (with the possibility of renewal)
Starting Date: May 01, 2023
This is a full-time position from Sunday to Thursday.
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a French non-profit, non-political, non-religious non-governmental international organization (NGO); which has been operational in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002.
PUI is operating in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip. The organization is working in different fields such as shelter, Food security and livelihoods, Agriculture, Heritage, Economic recovery and Cultural Heritage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Finance & Administration Coordinator, and the technical supervision of the Deputy Compliance/Finance Coordinator, S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare all vouchers, invoices, receipts, checks and payment transfers, ensuring supporting documentation is complete, correct and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Carry out PUI financial transactions (Banks & Cashbooks) on daily basis.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Check Invoices (original, tax invoice, date, place, name of supplier, description of item(s), quantity, unit price, total price, discount, sign /stamp, translated to English and check invoices exempted from VAT are well stamped).
- Manage the Petty cash tracker (cash-in & cash-out) from the Safe strictly according to the security rules.
- Communicate with the Admin Staff in the bases to implement finance tasks and collect all the original documents.
- Assist in checking partners’ documents at due diligence stage.
- Assist in reviewing partners and CBOs payments and attach all the related documents.
- Assist with the production of compliance reports including findings and recommendations of each compliance review conducted.
- Maintain and ensure proper filing system for all finance documents.
- Perform any other related tasks as relevant and requested by the supervisor.
- Prepare the cash forecast on monthly basis.
- Answers telephone, directs calls to correct staff member or relay’s messages to staff as required.
- Composes routine correspondence and performs a variety of administrative functions, which include but are not limited to typing, word processing, drafting routine correspondence, and transcribing.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experiences & Essential Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field required.
- At least three years’ experience working in an administrative/ operations role with an international development organization.
- Experience within an audit sector would be considered a plus
- Experience with NGO organizations is preferred
- Strong attention to details
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks within a high-pressured environment, including meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally with external partners
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Valid Driving License
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please fill in the form in the link below:
In addition, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before March 25, 2023, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title "Compliance & Admin Assistant" in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.