Job Title: Complaint officer
Contract Period : 20 Months
Location : Ramallah
Graduate Degree: BA or Master
Deadline of submission 20 April 2022
Palestinian Environmental NGOs Network (PENGON) through Palestinian Hydrology Group (PHG), is looking for a Complaint Officer under the Environmental and Climate Justice Programme in Palestine (ECJP) within the following details:
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Complaints Officer is responsible to receive, document and follow up the environmental violations and the submitted environmental complaints by individuals, communities, grassroots organizations, and institutions, as well as PAIC member organizations through the developed web-based complaints platform, free-line, or through direct contacts, etc., and for investigating, contacting related stakeholders, then prepare an integrated report about each case and then take actions necessary to highlight the problem and put it in front of the responsible parties to go forward the solutions. The complaint officer is responsible for ensuring that all involved actors (the duty bearers and the right holders) are fully committed to providing and taking suitable transparent, informative answers and actions, that comply with policies, and thus with legislation and related rights and responsibilities.
The Complaints Officer should report to the director of PENGON about the progress, and updates about the complaint system including urgent and important cases. Also, the Complaints Officer has to present these reports during PENGON, ECJP, PAIC, or meetings with related stakeholders based on the needs.
1.1 Manage Complaints
Manage environmental complaints in accordance with the PENGON complaints policy.
Investigate, monitor, and document environmental complaints and violations using different monitoring tools mainly field visits.
Liaise with both parties; the complainants and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
Inform and follow up on the target and responsible parties of the environmental complaint.
Network and communicate with related ECJP staff from PAIC member organizations.
Operating, updating, and maintaining the created web-based complaint mechanisms platform.
Documenting the complaints systematically. Presents a summary of complaints to technical/management meetings in PENGON, and other partners and related stakeholders.
Preparing regular reports and preparing semi-annual and annual technical reports under the supervision of the PENGON director
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Document, analyse and record accurately all the received environmental complaints whether from the Free line or website and communicate and follow up with complainants and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the setup both of the complaint system and evidence-based system and also follow up with the targeted groups and other stakeholders.
- obtain relevant information for complaints/environmental violations and draft replies where needed. - Ensure proper documentation of environmental complaints, findings and evidence on environmental violations both at internal and external levels.
- Plan, design and coordinate the needed lobbying activities, meetings, field visits, in relation to the received complaints
-Produce and distribute timely, accurate and accessible information and reports – these will include case studies, success stories, and factsheets/briefings.
-Provide support in the organization of events related to the programme, write press releases and liaise with the media.
-communicate and coordinate with ECJP staff, PAIC organizations, PENGON member organizations and other stakeholders.
-Provide support for compiling the reports, make sure all the documents and communication activities are consistent
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Experience and skills
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as environmental specialist, human rights, social development, and communication or another related field of specialty.
- 7 years of experience in documentation and reporting.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the environmental situation in Palestine
- Experience in cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including communities, NGOs, and government, donors, partners, etc.
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complaints and data and adaptive management experience with the ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive, and creative manner.
- The ability to work under pressure, and the ability to travel, and conduct fieldwork required.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent computer skills including data entry programs
- Viable driving licence.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs and cover letters to [email protected] no later than April 20, 2022.
CVs which do not meet the position’s requirements or are received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please indicate the position title “Complaint officer” in the e-mail subject.